Indigenous signs for cities in South Africa (Suid-Afrika)
Flag: World flag database.
Map: Maps.com - "search" for country, then "Digital Map Graphics".
For a quick, interesting resource for facts about this and other countries,
try Mystic Planet - The New Age directory of Planet Earth.
Explanation of glossing system used
(to understand how I describe the signs in this dictionary)
- (2h)[C], POs ><, FOs up, quickly separate 2x while closing to (2h)[flat bO] (< shape of the famous cable cars).1
-  taps temple with thumb side (< sunshiny weather).1
- (1) rapid lexicalized fingerspelling of J-O-B-U-R-G. (2) DH "J" is shaken while held high and with elbow of DH on , PO down (< tall buildings).1
- [F, with thumb and index finger crossed], PO away, twists at wrist repeatedly.1
- [V], PO away from signer, taps index finger on cheek near eye (< region famous for wine production).1
- Wild Coast
- [W], PO towards NDS is held high and then thrown down while changing to a [C], as if throwing dice (< popular gambling area).1
List of sources cited
1. K. Reddy, personal communication, 1998.