EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: (<) ONE* BREAD HON.-INDEX-host, (>) ONE* BODY (2h)YOU. ONE* LORD SUPERVISE (2h)#ALL. ONE* CUP~RAISE-CUP, WE BLESS. DOESN'T-MATTER WE MANY, SCADS-OF HERE EARTH~THEREABOUTS. STILL WE ONE* GROUP, we-SAME-AS-God LORD.
1. USED-TO-BE (<) JEWISH, (>) NOT, SEPARATE (2h)5:-CL'group@each side'. (<) SLAVE, (>) FREE, SEPARATE (2h)5:-CL'group@each side'. (<) WOMAN, (>) MAN, SEPARATE. NOW TWO-OF-THEM EQUAL*. Refrain
2. PEOPLE HAVE MANY SKILL. PEOPLE WORK STRIVE-FOR-GOAL, LONG-LIST. BUT (2h)#ALL CO-OPERATE ONE* LORD SUPERVISE (2h)#ALL. Refrain
3. IDEA~LIKE GRAIN FARM~THEREABOUTS. GROW"each". BUT LORD GATHER"each" HUG-INTO-SHEATH, BECOME ONE*. Refrain
Notes: ONE* - , PO away, FO up, supinates while twisting (similar to the DH in WHEN) and moves upwards slightly.
(2h)#ALL - (2h)[A], POs ><, FOs up, are held at shoulder height and move away while opening to (2h)[L].
CUP~(2h)RAISE-CUP - While still holding DH in the [C] from CUP, bring the other hand [C] to touch it and raise the cup.
BLESS - (2h)[O^], POs ><, held at mouth. Hands are brought downwards while opening to (2h). For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Bless.
The signs between "||:" and ":||" are to be repeated.
SCADS-OF - (2h)[5:], POs down, FOs away, move forward to show many beings.
(2h)5:-CL'group@each side' - (2h)[5:], POs away, FOs up, suddenly pronate and descend slightly.
STRIVE-FOR-GOAL - Hands are oriented like the sign GOAL but the DH moves in a vertical circle as if trying to get to the goal, but not yet successful.
LONG-LIST - (2h)[O^], POs > signer, NDH - above and touches DH; both hands open to (2h) while DH descends.
IDEA~LIKE - a blending where IDEA has a [Y] instead of an [I] in anticipation of LIKE which - signed smoothly right afterwards.
GRAIN - [X], PO > NDS, FO away, scapes at forearm of upheld NDH.
GATHER"each" - [5:], PO down, FO away, scrapes material into palm of upturned [B] while sweeping > NDS.
HUG-INTO-SHEATH - (2h)[B^] arms are slowly brought together as if "hugging" a collection of grain stalks into one sheath.
Refrain: One bread, one body, one Lord of all, one cup of blessing which we bless. And we, though many, throughout the earth. We are one body in this one Lord.
1. Gentile or Jew, servant or free, woman or man, no more.
2. Many the gifts, many the works, one in the Lord of all.
3. Grain for the fields, scattered and grown, gathered to one, for all.
To hear the music (without words), go to MIDI music: O and click on "One bread, one body."