EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: ||: ME SING FOREVER LORD HIMSELF-ctr KIND. :||
1. (role play God) ME FIND KING-DAVID INDEX-ctr MY SERVANT, #DO-DO? MY HOLY O-I-L POUR-ON-HEAD. MEAN ME HELP-ctr FROM-NOW-ON WILL. HIS ARMS BECOME STRONG. (end role play)
2. (role play God) ME SUPPORT+, LOVE+, TOGETHER YOU-ctr. MY NAME CAUSE YOUR-ctr NAME ADVANCED. (end role play)
3. (role play God) HE-ctr CALL-ON-me ME, SAY "WHAT"? (role play David) FOUNDATION MY SALVATION. YOU-God SAVE ME FINISH. (end role play)
Notes: The signs between "||:" and ":||" are to be repeated.
ME - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
KIND - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs away, NDH is held close to heart and DH circles around it.
KING-DAVID - D-KING.
POUR-ON-HEAD - [A dot] points thumb down and pours oil in a circle above the signer's head, then pours it in a circle above the spatilized David's head.
FROM-NOW-ON - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs away, DHFT touches knuckle side of NDHFT and moves away in a downward arc. For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - from now on.
CAUSE - (2h)[S] are held at the chest as if holding a rope and move forward while opening to (2h). For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - cause.
ADVANCED - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs up, move upwards arcing towards the signer. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Exalted.
CALL-ON-me - [B], PO > signer, taps [B], PO down, FO > signer, from side opposite the signer, then moves away while closing to an [A], PO > signer, FO up, and moving up. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Call - 1.
FOUNDATION - NDH [S], PO > signer, FO > DS, is held out with arm parallel to the chest and DH [S], PO > signer, strikes hand from below and then strikes elbow from below.
SALVATION - (2h)[S], crossed at wrists, twist free. For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - salvation.
Refrain: ||: Forever I will sing the goodness of the Lord. :||
1. I have found David my servant. With my holy oil I have anointed him, that my hand may ever be with him and my arm make him strong.
2. My faithfulness and love shall be with you. In my Name, your name will be exalted.
3. He shall cry to me, "My rock of salvation, my salvation."