EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: ||: ALLELUIA!-lf ALLELUIA!-rt ALLELUIA!-ctr
HONOR THE-rt LORD. ANNOUNCE HIS-rt GLORY. :|| (Stretch out signs.)
1. (role play) HAPPEN TWO-OF-YOU, THREE-OF-YOU, GATHER-TOGETHER FOR MY S-A-K-E,
ME WILL JOIN TOGETHER (2h)YOU. (end role play)
2. (role play) ME IDEA-LIKE VINE AND (2h)YOU MY BRANCHES.
STAY INSIDE-SELF AND ME GROW GRAPES SCADS-OF WILL. (end role play)
3. (role play) ME PROVIDE LIGHT FOR WORLD.
EVERY ONE FOLLOW ME HAVE LIGHT FOR LIFE. (end role play)
4. GO-AHEAD SPEAK, LORD. YOUR SERVANT PAY-ATTENTION.
YOU HAVE WORDS OFFER LIFE FOREVER.
5. (Advent) PREPARE WAY FOR THE-lf LORD.
EVERY ONE SEE GOD HAVE POWER SAVE WILL.
6. (Easter) LORD SAY, (role play) ME IDEA-LIKE SHEPHERD GOOD.
ME KNOW* MY SHEEP AND MINE KNOW* ME. (end role play)
7. (Easter) CLARIFY YOUR WORDS TO US, LORD JESUS.
REALLY-WANT OUR HEART BURN LOVE WHILE WE HEAR YOUR-lf VOICE.
8. (Pentecost) COME-TO US, HOLY SPIRIT.
COME AND FILL-UP OUR HEART FIRE YOUR-rt LOVE.
Notes: The signs between "||:" and ":||" are to be repeated.
ALLELUIA!-lf ALLELUIA!-rt ALLELUIA!-ctr - Twist > lf and sign Alleluia! (CLAP-HANDS~CELEBRATE + open hands into (2h) while lifting), twist > rt and sign Alleluia!, finally come back to center and sign Alleluia!
THE - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
GLORY - (2h), POs ><, FOs away from signer, DH which is on top wiggles fingers while ascending. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Glory.
GATHER-TOGETHER - (2h)[S], POs down, FOs ><, move > each other while opening to (2h)[5wg].
IDEA-LIKE - A blending where IDEA has a [Y] instead of an [I] in anticipation of LIKE which is signed smoothly right afterwards.
VINE - Start like GROW and hands pronate (twist to POs away) and become (2h)[5:]. For a movei fo this sign, go to Dictionary of Sign (ASL) - vine.
BRANCHES - (2h), POs down, FOs away, are held along side one another and touching. The DH moves away and branches out to the DS while the NDH moves to meet the DH when it returns to repeat the movement.
INSIDE-SELF - The FT of [C] are held against the chest and stuff the FT of [O^] into the [C] twice.
SCADS-OF - (2h)[5:], POs down, FOs away, move forward to show many things.
GO-AHEAD - (2h)[B^ dot], POs ><, FOs away, move forward in a jerk.
SHEPHERD - SHEEP SUPERVISE AGENT.
CLARIFY - CLEAR.
REALLY-WANT - WANT but shaken back and forth to show intensity.
HOLY - H-CLEAN. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Holy - 1.
FILL-UP - DH [B], PO down, rises until it slaps bottom of NDH, PO down. For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - maximum.
Refrain: ||: Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!
Give the glory and the honor to the Lord! :||
1. Where two or three are gathered in my name,
there I am in the midst of them; there I'll be.
2. I am the vine and you are the branches.
Abide in me and bear much fruit.
3. I am the Light of the World;
ev'ryone who follows me will have the light of life.
4. Speak, O Lord, your servant is list'ning;
you have the words of everlasting life.
5. (Advent) Prepare the way of the Lord;
ev'ryone shall see the saving pow'r of God.
6. (Easter) I am the good shepherd, says the Lord;
I know my sheep and mine know me.
7. (Easter) Make your word plain to us, Lord Jesus;
may our hearts burn with love as we hear your voice.
8. (Pentecost) Come to us, Spirit of God;
come and fill our hearts with the fire of your love.
To hear the music (without words), go to Alleluia! Give the Glory | spiritandsong.com, a division of OCP, and click on "LISTEN NOW".