EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: ||: (4x) ALLELUIA. :||
1. YOU-lf BRING HAPPY EVERY PERSON 'S HEART. KING RULE (2h)#ALL NATION. LORD JESUS, COME! Refrain
2. YOURSELF-lf LORD. YOU-lf JUST, BUT ALSO HAVE-MERCY-ON-us. TEACH-us US RIGHT WAY LIVE. LORD JESUS, COME! Refrain
3. ETERNAL LIGHT. YOUR-lf JUSTICE IDEA~LIKE SUN. SHINE-DOWN DESTROY OUR DARKNESS. LORD JESUS, COME! Refrain
4. GOD WITH US. YOU-lf CAUSE (2h)#ALL NATION HAPPY. COME-DOWN SAVE US. LORD JESUS, COME! Refrain
5. TODAY OUR JUSTICE, OUR HAVE-MERCY-ON-us BORN. GOD BECOME MAN LIVE WITH US. LORD JESUS, CHRIST! Refrain
6. YOURSELF-lf BRIGHT. DURING DARK WE SEE YOU-lf SHINE-DOWN. IDEA~LIKE STAR GUIDE NATION. LORD JESUS, CHRIST! Refrain
7. YOU-lf BORN THROUGH (<) WATER, (>) SPIRIT. EVERY DREAM DEPEND YOU-lf. LORD JESUS, CHRIST! Refrain
Notes: ||: (4x) ALLELUIA. :|| - CLAP-HANDS~CELEBRATE + open hands into (2h) while lifting. To be repeated 4 times.
YOU - Underlined prounouns (ME, YOU, HE) are honorific index (HON.-IX), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
'S - Same as POSS. where the palm of [B] here is held > God. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: His.
JUST/JUSTICE - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs up, tap FT while moving in a horizontal circle.
HAVE-MERCY-ON-us - (2h)[open 8], POs > signer, hands move in vertical circles normal (perpendicular) to the chest. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Mercy - 2.
ETERNAL - ALWAYS + DH produces STILL in the usual way, and the NDH produces STILL so that it moves back over the shoulder. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Eternal.
LIGHT/BRIGHT - (2h)[O^], POs away, FOs up, open to (2h), while separating. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Light - 1.
IDEA~LIKE - a blending where IDEA has a [Y] instead of an [I] in anticipation of LIKE which - signed smoothly right afterwards.
SHINE-DOWN - [O^] is held high PO > signer; hands open to [5^] while moving > signer.
CAUSE - (2h)[S] are held at the chest as if holding a rope and move forward while opening to (2h). For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - cause.
(2h)#ALL - (2h)[A], POs ><, FOs up, are held at shoulder height and move away while opening to (2h)[L].
COME-DOWN - (2h)[B^] move in circles pivoting at the wrists while eyes gaze upwards as if beckoning God to come down.
Refrain: Alleluia. (4 times)
1. You are the joy of every human heart, king of all nations. Lord Jesus, come!
2. You are Lord, our justice and our mercy. Show us how to live: Lord Jesus, come!
3. Eternal light, and sun of justice, shine in all our darkness: Lord Jesus, come!
4. Emmanuel, the joy of all nations, come to us and save us: Lord Jesus, come!
5. Born today, our justice and our mercy, God in flesh among us: Lord Jesus, Christ!
6. You are light that shines in the darkness, star to guide the nations: Lord Jesus, Christ!
7. You are born of water and the Spirit, fountain of our dreams: Lord Jesus, Christ!
To hear a partial performance of this hymn, go to http://jukebox.ocp.org/preview/11172_1_4.mp3