EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: ME ONLY ASK YOU ALWAYS REMEMBER HOW ME LOVE YOU.
1. TWO-OF-US TOGETHER INSIDE ONE HEART,
MEAN ME HAPPY, THAT HOW ME FEEL. Refrain
2. WHILE WE alt.EXPERIENCE, UPS-AND-DOWNS,
WE REMEMBER WHEN WE YOUNGER, MORE HONEST. Refrain
3. SOMEONE SUMMON YOU, PLEASE SUPPORT.
CAN YOU HEAR THAT PERSON YELL DEEP INSIDE-SELF? Refrain
4. YOU LAUGH, HAPPY WITH ME. YOU GIFT-TO-me.
YOU HAVE ENOUGH TIME TWO-OF-US TOGETHER? Refrain
5. MANY PEOPLE IN-AND-OUT OUR LIFE.
THEIR-rt MEMORY DISSOLVE, GONE, BUT... Refrain
ME LOVE YOU FOREVER.
Notes: The message of this song completely eludes me. I fail to see how it has anything to do with religious devotion! I have done my best to deal with the text.
ME - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
UPS-AND-DOWNS - (2h)[Bb], POs down, FOs away, are held side-by-side. DH tilts and moves up, then tilts and moves down.
SUMMON - DH [B] taps NDH [B], PO down, FO > signer, then moves > signer while closing to an [A], PO away from signer, FO up, and moving up.
YELL - [5:], PO > mouth, moves upwards from mouth.
INSIDE-SELF - The FT of [C] are held against the chest and stuff the FT of [O^] into the [C] twice.
GIFT-TO-me - (2h)[X], POs ><, FOs up, hands alt. flip thumb sides > signer.
MEMORY - (2h)[U^], POs > back, FOs up, hands move in an outward arc from front of face to over the shoulder.
Refrain: All I ask of you is forever to remember me as loving you.
1. Deep the joy of being together in one heart
and for me that's just where it is.
2. As we make our way through all the joys and pain,
can we sense our younger, truer selves?
3. Someone will be calling you to be there for a while.
Can you hear their cry from deep within?
4. Laughter, joy and presence: the only gifts you are!
Have you time? I'd like to be with you.
5. Persons come into the fiber of our lives
and then their shadows fade and disappear. But...
forever loving you.