EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: ONLY THING ME REALLY-WANT, ONLY THING ME NEED "WHAT"? GET-TO KNOW CHRIST AND FOLLOW THE LORD. ME GO-TOWARDS-GOAL. GOD SUMMON ME PREACH"each".
1. THAT'S-#ALL TRUE-BIZ WORTH ME TRY WIN. IF ME CONNECT-TO-lf CHRIST, THAT'S-#ALL, (pause) THAT'S-#ALL ME NEED.
2. ME WANT GET-TO KNOW LORD AND POWER HIS-ctr LOVE. MY OLD WAY DIE LIKE CHRIST, ME RISE, (pause) ME RISE LIVE NEW.
3. MY OLD LIFE, LEAVE-BEHIND. READY FOLLOW CHRIST. ME PATIENT GO-TOWARDS-GOAL. CHRIST JESUS, MAKE ME WHOLE.
Notes: ME - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
REALLY-WANT - WANT but shaken back and forth to show intensity.
GET-TO KNOW - GO-AHEAD KNOW, where the first sign is (2h)[B^ dot], POs ><, FOs away, move forward in a jerk.
GO-TOWARDS-GOAL - like the sign GOAL but the DH moves in a vertical circle while going towards the goal to show a constant process.
THAT'S-#ALL - FINISH with the mouthing "that's all".
TRUE-BIZ - TRUE + (2h)[S], POs down, FOs away, DH brushes from side to side across NDH wrist.
RISE - [V], PO up, FO away, pronates and hops onto the palm of [B], PO up, FO away. For an animated gif of this sign, see Valley Bible Church - ASL dictionary: Resurrection.
LEAVE-BEHIND - (2h), POs ><, FOs away, body twists and hands descend close to signer's back.
WHOLE - (2h)[B^], POs up, FOs ><, DH circles around NDH and lands on its palm. For a QuickTime file of COMPLETE, see ASL Pro: Whole.
Refrain: All I want, all I need is to know Christ; to follow the Lord. I press on toward the goal, the prize of the call of God.
1. Everything but this is loss and worthless to me. After gaining Christ, there is nothing, nothing that I need.
2. I want to know the Lord, and the power of God's love; Becoming like Christ in death, I may rise, rise to new life.
3. Forgetting what lies behind, forward I'll go. I press on to make it my own; Christ Jesus made me whole.