EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
1. ||: BOW-DOWN-TO-rt,hi OUR GOD! :|| OUR HEART THRILLED ABOUT HIM-rt,hi, HIMSELF-rt,hi CAUSE (2h)#ALL LIFE, LOVE! ||: GOD RULE HEAVEN, EARTH! :|| HE-rt,hi INSIDE-SELF US. SUMMON EACH, USE NAME! ||: ALLELUIA, COME-ON SING! :||
2. ||: GIFT-TO-us LOVE, PEACE! :|| JESUS CHRIST, JESUS, OUR HOPE, OUR LIGHT! ||: FAITH BURN INSIDE-SELF OUR HEART! ||: ANNOUNCE SUNRISE, SHINE-DOWN ALL-NIGHT! ||: ALLELUIA, COME-ON SING! :||
3. ||: COME-ON, TRUTH ITS-ctr SPIRIT! :|| PROMISE HOPE, KIND, HAVE-MERCY-ON-us US! ||: COME-ON LIVE INSIDE-SELF OUR HEART! :|| JUSTICE, PEACE. GOD HIS-rt,hi KINGDOM INSIDE-SELF US! ||: ALLELUIA, COME-ON SING! :||
Notes: The signs between "||:" and ":||" are to be repeated.
BOW-DOWN-TO - (2h)[B], POs away, FOs up, are held like the final position of GIVE-UP, then bend these arms twice while bowing at waist once. Note: This may seem a strange translation of "bless", but theologically I don't see how we can bless God. The Hebrew this concept comes from is "baruch" and is related to "birkayim (knees)", in other words "bend the knee [to God]".
HIM - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
CAUSE - (2h)[S] are held at the chest as if holding a rope and move forward while opening to (2h). For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - cause.
(2h)#ALL - (2h)[A], POs ><, FOs up, are held at shoulder height and move away while opening to (2h)[L].
RULE - CONTROL.
INSIDE-SELF - The FT of [C] are held against the chest and stuff the FT of [O^] into the [C] twice.
SUMMON - DH [B] taps NDH [B], PO down, FO > signer, then moves > signer while closing to an [A], PO away from signer, FO up, and moving up.
ALLELUIA! - CLAP-HANDS~CELEBRATE + open hands into (2h) while lifting.
COME-ON - (2h)[B^] move in circles pivoting at the wrists to beckon someone to do something.
GIFT-TO-us - (2h)[X], POs ><, FOs up, nod downwards at wrist > signer to show that something is given as a gift.
LIGHT - Same sign as BRIGHT and CLEAR, that is, (2h)[O^], POs away, FOs up, open to (2h), while separating. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Light - 1.
SHINE-DOWN - [O^] is held high PO > signer; hands open to [5^] while moving > signer.
KIND - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs away, NDH is held close to heart and DH circles around it.
HAVE-MERCY-ON-us - (2h)[open 8], POs > signer, hands move in vertical circles normal (perpendicular) to the chest. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Mercy - 2. KINGDOM - KING + , PO down, FO away, circles horizontally. For an animated gif of this sign, see Valley Bible Church - ASL dictionary: Kingdom.
1. ||: Blessed be our God! :|| Joy of our hearts, source of all life and love! ||: God of Heaven and Earth! :|| Dwelling within, calling us all by name! ||: Alleluia, sing! :||
2. ||: Gift of love and peace! :|| Jesus Christ, Jesus our hope and light! ||: A flame of faith in our hearts! :|| Proclaiming the day, shining throughout the night! ||: Alleluia, sing! :||
||: Come, O Spirit of Truth! :|| Promise of hope, kindness and mercy! ||: Come and dwell in our hearts! :|| ||: Alleluia, sing! :||