EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: ME ACCEPT THAT GOD CHOSE-me ME VIRGIN-BIRTH GIVE-BIRTH HIS ONLY SON.
1. UNIVERSE ITSELF INSIDE-SELF YOU. SEEM IMPOSSIBLE YOU INSIDE-SELF ME. BUT ME KNOW-THAT YOU MAKE US COPY-You. NOW MY-TURN MAKE SOMETHING LIKE YOU.
2. JESUS SAY (role play to rt) THIS-me MY BODY. THIS-me MY BLOOD. TAKE-UP AND ACCEPT. (role play to lf) (<) EUCHARIST, (>) WINE, NOW BECOME YOU, CHILD FROM ME. ME IDEA~LIKE TREE, AND YOU MY FRUIT.
3. ME LOVE YOU-lf, WITHOUT END. MY LOVE WIDE AND DEEP. SPEAR PIERCE YOUR LEFT-SIDE, HURT ME TOO.
Notes: ME - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored. The refrain is loosely translated because GO-AHEAD DO TO ME signed twice is not very inspiring. An expansion of the meaning is preferable.
VIRGIN-BIRTH - (2h)[O^], POs ><, are held so that the DH is above the NDH and both are in front of chest. The hands open to (2h)[4^].
GIVE-BIRTH - S-BORN.
INSIDE-SELF - The FT of [C] are held against the chest and stuff the FT of [O^] into the [C] twice.
KNOW-THAT - Starts like KNOW but twists and descends, looking almost like DON'T-KNOW except the hand twists down at the end.
MY-TURN - [L], PO > signer, FO > NDS, rotates so that thumb is pointing at chest.
JESUS SAY - The original does not identify the speaker, but since a role play is necessary to show who is speaking, the speaker must be identified.
THIS-me - (2h)[B^], POs up, FOs > signer, run the dorsal (back) side of fingers down chest.
TAKE-UP - (2h)[5:], POs away, FOs up, move down quickly and close to (2h)[S], POs down, FOs away, as if grabbing hold of something, then hands ascend.
(role play to lf) - This is Mary's response to her son.
EUCHARIST - [F], PO > signer's face, FO up, makes the sign of the cross at the mouth.
IDEA~LIKE - a blending where IDEA has a [Y] instead of an [I] in anticipation of LIKE which is signed smoothly right afterwards.
SPEAR - [S], PO > NDS, FO up, shakes the spear without releasing. The English is "arrow", but since this is a poetic reference to the spear that would pierce Jesus' side at the cruxifiction, it seems clearer to refer to it less obliquely.
PIERCE - DH index finger pierces between index and middle fingers of NDH.
LEFT-SIDE - Run left hand (despite your dominance) down your left side. ALthough the text does not specify, this is the side Jesus will be pierced.
Refrain: ||: Be it done unto me. :||
1. How can you who emcompass all things be encompassed by me? In whose image I'm wondrously made, be made, then, of me.
2. This my body and this my blood: take and receive. They are you now, O child of my womb. O fruit of my tree.
3. I will love you with an unfailing love, so wide and so deep, that the arrow that pierces your side will surely pierce me.
To hear the music (without words), go to MIDI music - B and click on "Be it done unto me."