EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
1. (2h)YOU WILL GROUP-JOURNEY THROUGH BARREN DESERT, BUT (2h)YOU DIE THIRSTY NOT. (2h)YOU WANDER"th" FAR-AWAY DON'T-KNOW WHERE, BUT ME KEEP (2h)YOU SAFE WILL. IN FOREIGN COUNTRY,(2h)YOU SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE, #ALL-OF-them-rt UNDERSTAND, SURPRISE. (2h)YOU WILL SEE GOD HIS FACE, BUT DIE NOT.
Refrain: DON'T FELL AFRAID, NOT-THAT. WHY? ME LEAD (2h)YOU ALWAYS. COME-ON FOLLOW ME. WILLING HELP (2h)YOU REST.
2. HAPPEN TRAVEL-BY-BOAT OCEAN, WATER TURBULENT. (2h)YOU NOT NEED WORRY DROWN. HAPPEN WALK THROUGH FIRE SURROUND (2h)YOU, FIRE HURT (2h)YOU NOT. HAPPEN (2h)YOU APPROACH (<) HELL, (>) DEATH, JUST TRUST ME STRONG PROTECT. KNOW-THAT ME WITH (2h)YOU SUPPORT++ WILL. Refrain
3. (2h)YOU POOR, GOD LOVE-TO BLESS, HIS KINGDOM GIFT-TO (2h)YOU. (2h)YOU (<) CRY, (>) MOURN, GOD BLESS HOW? LATER HAPPY LAUGH. HAPPEN WICKED PEOPLE HATE (2h)YOU CONNECTED-TO ME. DON'T WORRY, ME BLESS (2h)YOU WILL. Refrain
Notes: GROUP-JOURNEY - (2h)[C], POs ><, FO away, moves forward in a curvey path.
BARREN - (2h)[open8], POs down, FOs away, move forward while closing to (2h)[A] with thp.
DESERT - DRY THEREABOUTS. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Desert.
WANDER"th" - (2h)[1^], circle around each other while moving in a curvy path with "th".
FAR-AWAY - , twists while moving away with tongue shuttling from side to side. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Far.
KEEP - (2h)[K], POs > signer, FOs ><, NDH is held in neutral space and DH contacts palm to NDH back hand.
#ALL-OF-them-rt - [A], PO up, FO > DS is held at DS then swings away in an arc and ends [L^], PO up, FO > NDS.
DON'T - (2h)[B], POs down, cross at wrists, then uncross moving horizontally and emphatically. For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - don't.
NOT-THAT - (2h), POs away, FOs up, wave from side to side symmetrically.
TRAVEL-BY-BOAT - Like the sign BOAT but it moves on a path to show it's a verb.
TURBULENT - (2h), move independently as if they were waves on a restless sea.
DROWN - NDH [B], PO down, FO away, is the water level, and [A dot], PO > NDS, FO away, descends to show the person drowning.
SURROUD - , PO down, FO > NDS, circles horizontally above , PO > DS, FO up.
APPROACH - (2h)[B], FOs up, DH PO away, ND is held in front of NDH and palm faces it, then both hands approach one another slightly.
KNOW-THAT - Starts like KNOW but twists and descends, looking almost like DON'T-KNOW except the hand twists down at the end.
LOVE-TO - Kiss backhand of fist and draw it away quickly.
BLESS - (2h)[O^], POs ><, held at mouth. Hands are brought downwards while opening to (2h). For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Bless.
KINGDOM - KING + , PO down, FO away, circles horizontally.
GIFT-TO - (2h)[X], POs ><, FOs up, nod downwards at wrist to show that something is given as a gift.
WICKED - (2h) are held at forehead level and move towards the forehead several times while wg but do not touch the forehead.
1. You shall cross the barren desert, but you shall not die of thirst. You shall wander far in safety though you do not know the way. You shall speak your words in foreign lands and all will understand. You shall see the face of God and live.
Refrain: Be not afraid, I go before you always. Come follow me, and I will give you rest.
2. If you pass through raging waters in the sea, you shall not drown. If you walk amid the burning flames, you shall not be harmed. If you stand before the power of hell and death is at your side, know that I am with you through it all.
3. Blessed are your poor, for the kingdom shall be theirs. Blest are you that weep and mourn, for one day you shall laugh. And if wicked tongues insult and hate you all because of me, blessed, blessed are you.
To hear the music (without words), go to MIDI music: B and click on "Be not afraid."