EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: COME-ON WORSHIP THE-ctr LORD. WHY? WE HIS-ctr PEOPLE IDEA~LIKE SHEEP HE-ctr SUPERVISE. ALLELUIA.
1. COME-ON, SING TO THE-ctr LORD AND SHOUT HAPPY TO FOUNDATION SAVE US. WE SHOULD THANK++ THE-ctr LORD AND SING HAPPY TO HIM-ctr.
2. COME-ON, BOW-DOWN AND WORSHIP. APPROACH LORD OUR MAKER, BEND-KNEES. WHY? WE HIS-ctr PEOPLE IDEA~LIKE SHEEP HE-ctr SUPERVISE.
3. THE-ctr LORD HIMSELF GOD, MIGHTY. GREAT KING BEAT (2h)#ALL OTHERS. HE-ctr CUP-HANDS, HOLD DEEP PART EARTH PLUS TALLEST MOUNTAIN. HE-ctr MAKE SEA. THAT NOW HIS+-ctr. SHAPE DRY LAND HE-ctr MAKE ALSO.
Notes: COME-ON - (2h)[B^] move in circles pivoting at the wrists to beckon someone to do something.
WORSHIP - NDH is clasped over DH [S] and hands circle perpendicular to the chest. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Worship.
THE - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
IDEA~LIKE - A blending where IDEA has a [Y] instead of an [I] in anticipation of LIKE which is signed smoothly right afterwards.
ALLELUIA! - CLAP-HANDS~CELEBRATE + open hands into (2h) while lifting.
FOUNDATION - NDH [S], PO > signer, FO > DS, is held out with arm parallel to the chest and DH [S], PO > signer, strikes hand from below and then strikes elbow from below.
BOW-DOWN - (2h)[B], POs away, FOs up, are held like the final position of GIVE-UP, then bend these arms twice while bowing at waist once.
APPROACH - (2h)[B], FOs up, DH PO away, ND is held in front of NDH and palm faces it, then both hands approach one another slightly.
BEND-KNEES - [V] stands on palm of NDH, then bend DH FT while maintaining contact with palm. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Genuflect.
MIGHTY - (2h)[S], POs > back of signer, FOs up, are held at NDS and fists descend, then repeat at DS.
(2h)#ALL - (2h)[A], POs ><, FOs up, are held at shoulder height and move away while opening to (2h)[L].
OTHERS - [A dot], PO > NDS, FO away, twists repeatedly while moving in a horizontal circle.
CUP-HANDS - Cup hands together as if holding water.
Refrain: Come, and worship the Lord, for we are his people the flock that he shepherds. Alleluia.
1. Come, let us sing to the Lord, and shout with joy to the rock that saves us. Let us come with thanksgiving, and sing joyful songs to the Lord.
2. Come, let us bow down and worship, bending the knee before the Lord our maker, for we are his people; we are the flock he shepherds.
3. The Lord is God, the mighty God, the great king o'er all other gods. He holds in his hands the depths of the earth and the highest mountains as well. He made the sea; it belongs now to him. The dry land, too, was formed by his hand.
To hear a musical setting of these lyrics (without words), go to Bob's MIDI Sequences - Hymn-type MIDI Sequences and click on "Come, Worship the Lord (J.M. Talbot)".