EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: HEAVEN SHOW"all" GOD HAVE GLORY. EVERYTHING LIVE SHOUT alt.HAPPY. (<) COME-ON DANCE FOREST, (>) COME-ON PLAY GRASS THEREABOUTS. SING ABOUT THE LORD HAVE GLORY.
1. PRAISE SUN IT BRING-TO-us DAY. CARRY"step by step" LIGHT FROM LORD HOW? SUNSHINE. (<) MOON, (>) STAR SCADS-OF, TWO-OF-THEM SHOW-us WAY TO YOUR THRONE. Refrain
2. PRAISE WIND, (2h)TREE++'separate' TREES-SWAY. (<) SOMETIMES STRONG, (>) SOMETIMES LIGHT. THEY FOLLOW THEIR WAY, THEY FOLLOW THEIR HEART, THAT HEART FROM GOD. Refrain
3. PRAISE RAIN BRING WATER FOR US. RAIN BLESS FARM, LET EVERYTHING GROW. DEATH BECOME LIFE. GOD SECRET NOW CLEAR. ANNOUNCE alt.HAPPY SPREAD. Refrain
4. PRAISE FIRE, ITSELF GIFT-TO-us LIGHT. WARM LIKE SUN DESTROY OUR DARK. DANCE HAPPY, SPIRIT BRIGHT. FIRE CELEBRATE YOU GOD. Refrain
5. PRAISE EARTH, HERE WE GROW FOOD. (2h)#ALL NATURE SHOW"all" YOU CREATE LIFE. (<) FLOWER, (>) TREE, HELP-us KNOW YOUR HEART FULL LOVE. Refrain
6. PRAISE OUR DEATH, THAT MAKE US CHERISH LIFE. WHEN PEOPLE DIE, WE SEE THEIR WORTH. YOURSELF IDEA-LIKE GIFT, WE LOOK-FORWARD TOGETHER GROUP-GO-TOGETHER HEAVEN, OUR HOME. Refrain
Notes: GLORY - (2h), POs><, FOs away from signer, DH which is on top wiggles fingers while ascending. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Glory.
COME-ON - (2h)[B] move in circles pivoting at the wrists to beckon someone to do something.
THEREABOUTS - , PO down, FO away, circles parllel to the floor. For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - approximately.
Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
SCADS-OF - (2h)[5:], POs down, FOs away, move forward to show many beings.
THRONE - SIT + (2h)[B:], POs down, FOs away, behave as if they were on the arms of a throne.
(2h)TREE++'separate' - For those who can't see the forest for the trees: tap the elbow against the back of the dominant hand while moving > DS to distinguish betweeen this and FOREST.
(2h)#ALL - (2h)[A], POs ><, FOs up, are held at shoulder height and move away while opening to (2h)[L].
IDEA-LIKE - a blending where IDEA has a [Y] instead of an [I] in anticipation of LIKE which - signed smoothly right afterwards.
GROUP-GO-TOGETHER - (2h)[C], POs ><, FT touch, and both hands move together > appropriate space, here towards the place where Heaven is spatialized.
Refrain: The heavens are telling the glory of God, and all creation is shouting for joy. Come, dance in the forest, come, play in the field, and sing, sing to the glory of the Lord.
1. Praise for the sun, the bringer of day, he carries the light of the Lord in his rays; the moon and the stars who light up the way unto your throne.
2. Praise for the wind that blows through the trees, the seas' mighty storms, the gentlest breeze; they blow where they will, they blow where they please to please the Lord.
3. Praise for the rain that waters our fields, and blesses our crops so all the earth yields; from death unto life her mystery revealed springs forth in joy.
4. Praise for the fire who gives us his light, the warmth of the sun to brighten our night; he dances with joy, his spirit so bright, he sings of you.
5. Praise for the earth who makes life to grow, the creatures you made to let your life show; the flowers and trees that help us to know the heart of love.
6. Praise for our death that makes our life real, the knowledge of loss that helps us to feel; the gift of your self, your presence revealed to bring us home.
To see me perform this song, go to Canticle of the Sun. Verses 1, 2, 3, & 5.