EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: MAKE INSIDE-SELF ME CLEAN HEART.
1. HAVE-MERCY-ON-me ME, GOD. PLEASE SOFT-HEARTED. MY SIN, REMOVE. MY GUILT, THROW-OUT. Refrain
2. MAKE MY HEART PURE AND TEACH-me ME BECOME WISE. HAPPEN? COMPARE SNOW, ME MORE CLEAN WILL. Refrain
3. AGAIN GIVE-TO-me alt.HAPPY. WHY? MYSELF SAVED. HELP-me ME HAVE SPIRIT WILLING HELP"each". Refrain
Notes: INSIDE-SELF - The FT of [C] are held against the chest and stuff the FT of [O^] into the [C] twice.
ME - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
HAVE-MERCY-ON-me - (2h)[open 8], POs > signer, hands move in vertical circles normal (perpendicular) to the chest. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Mercy - 2.
SOFT-HEARTED - HEART + (2h)[5^] descend slightly twice while closing to (2h)[O^].
PURE - like NICE but the DH moves backwards slightly on the palm, pauses, then moves forward rapidly to show intensity.
Refrain: Create in me a clean heart.
1. Have mercy on me, God, in your compassion. Remove my sin. Wash me from my guilt.
2. O purify my heart and teach me wisdom; then I shall be cleaner than the snow.
3. O give me back the joy of your salvation; a willing spirit sustain in me.