EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: MY LIFE, LORD YOURSELF-ctr CENTER. ALWAYS ME PRAISE YOU-ctr. ALWAYS ME SERVE YOU-ctr. ALWAYS ME LOOK-UP-TO YOU-ctr.
1. HELP-me ME STAY SAFE, GOD. ME TELL-ctr LORD, YOU-ctr MY FORTRESS. ||: FEEL HAPPY, DEPEND YOU-ctr ALONE. :||
2. ME BOW-DOWN LORD. WHY? HE-ctr COUNSEL-me ME. EVERY-NIGHT HE-ctr CONTROL MY HEART. ALWAYS ME LOOK-UP-TO YOU-ctr. HE-ctr SUPPORT ME, MEAN ME CONTINUE UPRIGHT CAN.
3. (<) MY HEART CELEBRATE. (>) MY SOUL HAPPY. MY BODY DIE, REST SAFE CAN. WHY? YOU-ctr REFUSE LEAVE MY SOUL WITH DEAD PEOPLE. YOU-ctr CHERISH ME. DON'T-WANT SEE MY BODY DECAY.
4. YOU-ctr SHOW-me ME WAY HAVE LIFE. ME ONLY FULL JOY HAPPEN TWO-OF-US TOGETHER. MEAN YOU-ctr PREFER ME. PREFER ME HAPPY FOREVER.
Notes: YOU - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
FORTRESS - (2h)[S], POs down, FOs ><, strike the whole length of the forearms together like TABLE then DH is held under NDH and the arms strike again.
The signs between "||:" and ":||" are to be repeated.
BOW-DOWN - (2h)[B], POs away, FOs up, are held like the final position of GIVE-UP, then bend these arms twice while bowing at waist once.
UPRIGHT - Elbow of [S], PO > NDS, FO up, is struck against the fingers of NDH [B] held like part of TABLE.
SOUL - NDH [C] or [S] is held close to body and [F] which inserts FT into NDH then slowly draws it upwards with a wavy path. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Spirit.
CHERISH - (2h)[5:], hold FTs by the sides of the chin and move down while maintaining contact and closing to (2h)[S].
DECAY - (2h)[A], POs ><, FOs away, decend in a wavey pattern.
Refrain: O Lord, you are the center of my life: I will always praise you, I will always serve you, I will always keep you in my sight.
1. Keep me safe, O God, I will take refuge in you. I say to the Lord, "You are my God. My happiness lies in you alone; my happiness lies in you alone."
2. I will bless the Lord who give me counsel, who even at night directs my heart. I keep the Lord ever in my sight: since he is at my right hand, I shall stand firm.
3. And so my heart rejoices, my soul is glad; even in safety shall my body rest. For you will not leave my soul among the dead, nor let your beloved know decay.
4. You will show me the path of life, the fullness of joy in your presence, at your right hand, at your right hand happpiness forever.