EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
1. OUR GOD SOFT-HEARTED, HAVE-MERCY-ON-us US. OUR LIFE BECOME NEW IDEA~LIKE DAWN CAN. THOSE-rt PEOPLE LIVE DARK, HE-lf SHINE-DOWN-ON-rt. HE-lf GUIDE US ENCOURAGE PEACE.
Refrain: THE-lf LIGHT SHINE-DOWN THROUGH DARK. DARK CONQUER LIGHT NOT-YET. THE-lf LIGHT SHINE-DOWN THROUGH DARK. DARK CONQUER LIGHT NEVER.
2. USED-TO-BE HE-lf LIVE HERE OUR WORLD. THIS WORLD HE-lf MAKE HIMSELF-lf. BUT PEOPLE alt.OVERLOOK GOD. HE-lf COME SAVE HIS-lf O-W-N PEOPLE, BUT THEY-ctr REJECT HIM-lf. IF (2h)YOU WILLING TRUST HE-lf SAVE, HE-lf GIFT-TO (2h)YOU POWER BECOME GOD HIS-ctr CHILDREN. Refrain
3. LIGHT FOR WORLD WHO? JESUS. HAPPEN DARK, HE-lf SHINE-DOWN. IF (2h)YOU WALK IN LORD HIS-lf WAY, (2h)YOU HAVE LIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE. Refrain
4. WE ALSO CAN OFFER LIGHT TO WORLD. WE CAUSE DARK DISSOLVE. OUR LIVE JUST, MEAN (2h)#ALL SEE GOD HIS-lf WORD PREDICT FUTURE CAN. Refrain
Notes: SOFT-HEARTED - HEART + (2h)[5^] descend slightly twice while closing to (2h)[O^] but hands close to heart.
HAVE-MERCY-ON-us - (2h)[open 8], POs > signer, hands move in vertical circles normal (perpendicular) to the chest. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Mercy - 2.
IDEA~LIKE - A blending where IDEA has a [Y] instead of an [I] in anticipation of LIKE which is signed smoothly right afterwards.
THOSE - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
SHINE-DOWN - [O^] is held high PO > signer; hands open to [5^] while moving > signer.
CONQUER - (2h)[S], DPO > NDS, NDPO down, FOs away, are held with DH on top of NDH and DH strikes NDH wrist on dorsal side (from above) and nods while staying at wrist.
LIGHT - Same sign as BRIGHT and CLEAR, that is, (2h)[O^], POs away, FOs up, open to (2h), while separating. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Light - 1.
REJECT - Hands start like the final position of STOP and DH slides > DS while pronating.
GIFT-TO - (2h)[X], POs ><, FOs up, nod downwards at wrist to show that something is given as a gift.
JUST - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs up, tap FT while moving in a horizontal circle.
(2h)#ALL - (2h)[A], POs ><, FOs up, are held at shoulder height and move away while opening to (2h)[L].
1. In the tender compassion of our God, a new dawn has broken upon us; to shine on those who dwell in darkness, and to guide our feet along the ways of peace.
Refrain: And the Light shines on in the darkness, and the darkness has never overcome it; and the Light shines on in the darkness, and the darkness will never overcome it.
2. He was in the world, the world was made through Him; yet those living then knew him not. To His own He came, His own rejected Him; but to those who believe in Him, He has given the power to be children of our God.
3. Jesus is the Light of the world, shining in the face of darkness; those who walk in the ways of the Lord have the Light of Life.
4. So we, too, are lights of the world, shining in the face of darkness; so all can see, in the justice of our lives, God's prophetic Word.