EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
1. LORD HE-rt MY LIGHT, MY HELP, MY SALVATION. WHO SHOULD ME FEAR? WITH GOD ME FEAR NONE. GOD PROTECT ME ALL MY LIFE. WITH THE LORD WHAT ME NEED FEAR?
Refrain: LORD HE-rt MY LIGHT. LORD HE-rt MY HELP. LORD HE-rt MY SALVATION.
2. ME ASK LORD ONE* THING. THAT ME REALLY-WANT. LIVE IN LORD HIS-rt HOUSE EVERYDAY MY LIFE. LOOK-AT-God"over time" AWED GOD BEAUTIFUL. THINK-ABOUT GOD HIS-rt HOUSE. Refrain
3. ME KNOW WILL LIVE SEE LORD HIS-rt GOOD THINGS. WHILE ME LIVE, FEEL SURE ME SEE WILL. TRUST THE-rt LORD. STAY STRONG AND BRAVE. WAIT WHILE HOPE GOD COME WITH OUR SALVATION. Refrain
Notes: HE - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
LIGHT - (2h)[O^], POs away, FOs up, open to (2h), while separating. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Light - 1.
SALVATION - S-FREE.
FEAR - (2h), POs away, FOs up, hands are held far from body and move back to body in a wavy pattern.
REALLY-WANT - WANT but shaken back and forth to show intensity.
AWED - (2h)[S], POs ><, FOs up are held at eyes with awed facial expression and the hands open and then close.
1. The Lord is my light, my help, my salvation. Why should I fear? With God I fear no one. God protects me all my life. With the Lord what should I dread?
Refrain: The Lord is my light, THe Lord is my help. The Lord is my salvation.
2. There is one thing I ask of the Lord that I long for: all my days with Gid to be dwelling, gazing with awe at the beauty of God and in wonder look on God's house.
3. I know I will live to see the Lord's goodness; now, in this life, I'm sure I will see it. Trust in the Lord, be strong and be brave; wait in hope for God, our salvation.