EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: COME, PLEASE COME, GOD WITH US! GOD HIS-rt SON NEED SHOW-UP.
HEAVEN, EARTH, CELEBRATE! ||: TIME-PERIOD GOD SAVE ARRIVE"step by step". :||
1. (looking towards God) COME, PLEASE COME, GOD WITH US. HELP YOUR-lf SPECIAL PEOPLE OPPRESSION-OFF. THEY-rt MOURN LONELY, FEEL REJECT HERE. UNTIL GOD HIS-rt SON ARRIVE. Refrain
2. COME WISE YOU-lf, LEAVE YOUR-lf ADVANCED PLACE. YOU-lf CONTROL EVERYTHING WITH YOUR-lf STRENGTH. SHOW"all"-rt RIGHT WAY GET KNOWLEDGE. TEACH"each"-rt RIGHT WAY LIVE. Refrain
3. COME YOU-lf FROM KING-DAVID HIS-ctr FATHER PASS-DOWN'bit by bit'. EVERY ENEMY THEY-rt HAVE, PLEASE PREVENT. THEY-rt TRUST YOUR-lf POWER STRONG SAVE. PLUS HELP THEM-rt CONQUER DEATH. Refrain
4. COME EVERY NATION REALLY-WANT YOU-lf. HEART (2h)#ALL PEOPLE, TIE TOGETHER. SAD OUR GROUPS DISAGREE, COMMAND STOP. MEAN YOU-lf BECOME FOR US PRINCE CAUSE PEACE. Refrain
5. ||: CELEBRATE! GOD WITH US
WILL COME SAVE (2h)YOU, HIS SPECIAL PEOPLE. :|| Refrain
Notes: The signs between "||:" and ":||" are to be repeated.
OPPRESSION-OFF - Starts like PRESSURE, DH [B], PO down, FO away, push down slightly on [S], PO > DS, FO away, then the DH is brought upwards suddenly and the signer mouths "off".
YOU - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
ADVANCED - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs up, move upwards arcing towards the signer. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Exalted.
KING-DAVID - D-KING.
REALLY-WANT - WANT but shaken back and forth to show intensity.
(2h)#ALL - (2h)[A], POs ><, FOs up, are held at shoulder height and move away while opening to (2h)[L].
CAUSE - (2h)[S] are held at the chest as if holding a rope and move forward while opening to (2h). For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - cause.
Refrain: Come, come, Emmanuel! Son of God, appear.
Heaven and earth, rejoice! ||: Salvation is drawing near. :||
1. O come, O come, Emmanuel,
And ransom captive Israel,
That mourns in lonely exile here
Until the Son of God appear.
2. O come, O Wisdom from on high,
Who orderest all things mightily;
To us the path of knowledge show,
And teach us in her ways to go.
3. O come, O Rod of Jesse's stem;
From every foe deliver them
That trust your mighty power to save,
And give them victory over the grave.
4. O come, Desire of nations, bind
In one the hearts of humankind;
Make all our sad divisions cease,
And be for us the King of Peace.
5. ||: Rejoice! Emmanuel
shall come to thee, O Israel. :||