EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: alt.EAT THIS-host BREAD; alt.DRINK THIS-chalice CUP.
COME-TO ME, FROM-NOW-ON NEVER HUNGRY.
alt.EAT THIS-host BREAD; alt.DRINK THIS-chalice CUP.
TRUST ME, FROM-NOW-ON NEVER THIRSTY.
1. ME BREAD OFFER LIFE. TRUE-BIZ BREAD, HEAVENLY-FATHER SEND-from heaven.
2. YOUR PARENTS~(2h)LONG-AGO alt.EAT BREAD GOD SEND IN DESERT, BUT THIS-host BREAD, HEAVENLY-FATHER SEND-from heaven.
3. alt.EAT MY BODY AND alt.DRINK MY BLOOD, AND ME WILL RAISE-UP (2h)YOU JUDGMENT DAY.
4. ANY++ THEMSELVES alt.EAT THIS-host BREAD, LIVE FOREVER WILL.
5. IF (2h)YOU BELIEVE AND alt.EAT THIS-host BREAD, (2h)YOU WILL LIVE FOREVER.
Notes: THIS-host - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
FROM-NOW-ON - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs away, DHFT touches knuckle side of NDHFT and moves away in a downward arc. For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - from now on.
TRUE-BIZ - TRUE + (2h)[S], POs down, FOs away, DH brushes from side to side across NDH wrist.
HEAVENLY-FATHER - (2h)[A], FOs up, DH - held against forehead, NDH close to but lower, both hands open to (2h) while moving upwards. HEAVEN may be added to this. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Heavenly Father - 1.
RAISE-UP - (2h)[B], POs down, FOs away, lower slightly, supinate, and rise up.
ANY++ - [A dot], PO > NDS, FO up, twists rapidly at the wrist while moving in a horizontal circle. This means "anyone".
Refrain: Eat this bread; drink this cup.
Come to me and never be hungry.
Eat this bread; drink this cup.
Trust in me and you will not thirst.
1. I am the bread of life, the true bread sent from the Father.
2. Your ancestors ate manna in the desert, but this is the bread come down from heaven.
3. Eat my flesh and drink my blood, and I will raise you up on the last day.
4. Anyone who eats this bread, will live forever.
5. If you believe and eat this bread, you will have eternal life.