EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: (role play reverts to signer) FLOW, RIVER, FLOW. FLOW OVERWHELM ME. YOU-ctr LIVING WATER. JESUS POUR-OUT, FREE. YOU-ctr LIVING WATER. FLOW OVERWHELM ME.
1. (role play God) (2h)YOU BECOME MINE, AND ME BECOME YOURS(plural) GOD. KNOW-THAT ME WASH-BODY, (2h)YOU CLEAN. USED-TO-BE YOUR(plural) HEART PROPORTIONAL STONE, FEEL NOTHING. BUT ME REPLACE HEART HAVE FLESH CAN TOUCHED.
2. (role play God) THE-lf BLIND WILL SEE, THE-rt MUTE WILL SPEAK. THE-ctr LAME WILL JUMP-FOR-JOY. RIVER WILL FLOW ENTER DESERT BARREN. HIT FLOWER BLOOM"each". LAND AGAIN HAVE GLORY.
3. (role play God) ANYONE DRINK WATER ME GIFT-TO"each", NOT NEED FEEL THIRSTY AGAIN. DRINK, ME GIFT-TO"each" FROM RIVER NEVER DRY. START INSIDE-SELF (2h)YOU PROVIDE LIFE FOREVER.
Notes: FLOW - (2h), DHPO down, NDHPO up, FOs away, both hands move towards right side.
ME - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
LIVING - LIVE+.
POUR-OUT - (2h)[C] pour out an imaginary container.
KNOW-THAT - Starts like KNOW but twists and descends, looking almost like DON'T-KNOW except the hand twists down at the end.
WASH-BODY - (2h)[A], rub palm sides in symmetric circles on chest.
PROPORTIONAL - (2h)[P], POs down, FOs away, move downwards at NDS then at DS. This sign is used here to show a metaphor/simile.
FLESH - Pinch cheek and pull it slightly side to side.
TOUCHED - Middle finger of [open 8] strikes heart.
MUTE - Palmar surface of [A] strikes mouth.
LAME - (2h)[1^], POs down, FOs away, move in alternate vertical circles at right angles to the chest, with a sideways motion of the body as if limping.
JUMP-FOR-JOY - Start with the sign STAND and repeatedly and rapidly raise and lower the DH while curling the FT to show a person jumping.
BARREN - (2h)[open 8], POs down, FOs away, hands move away while closing to (2h)[S] and mouth thp.
BLOOM - (2h)[A] are held together but the hands are twisted like the beginning of CHANGE. Hands twist back while opening to (2h)[5:] with the hands still held together.
GLORY - (2h), POs ><, FOs away from signer, DH which is on top wiggles fingers while ascending. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Glory.
GIFT-TO"each" - (2h)[X], POs ><, FOs > the recipents, hands move together from NDS to DS.
INSIDE-SELF - The FT of [C] are held against the chest and stuff the FT of [O^] into the [C] twice.
Refrain: Flow river flow, flow over me. O living water, poured out for free; O living water, flow over me.
1. You will be mine and I will be your God, for I will wash you clean. And a new heart, a heart of flesh and feeling, I will place within you for your heart of stone.
2. The blind will see, the mute will find a voice, the lame shall leap for joy. Rivers will flow into dry and barren desert, flowere bloom in splendor, glory fill the land.
3. Whoever drinks the water I will give will never thirst again. The drink I give is an everflowing river, welling up within you to give eternal life.
To hear a partial performance of this, go to Flow river flow | OCP.org and click on play arrow.