EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
1. MILLIONS HUNGRY, GOD RULE (2h)#ALL. POOR PEOPLE SUFFER, GOD SUFFER SAME-AS-us. WHY WE NOT SHARE WITH HUNGRY BEG US? GREED INFLUENCE-us US IGNORE THEIR-rt NEED. HELP-us US TAKE-CARE-OF (2h)#ALL YOUR PEOPLE. HELP-us US CHERISH THEM-rt LIKE WE CHERISH YOU-God.
2. GOD YOU TRAVEL WITH EACH STRANGER. YOU WITNESS HOW WE alt.OVERLOOK THEIR-rt NEED. TEACH-us US LOVE (2h)#ALL PEOPLE, HUG-AT-CHEST. (2h)#ALL LIVE PROUD CAN. YOU COMMAND US GIFT CLOTHES TO NAKED, BRING HOPE EVERYTHING WE DO.
3. GOD STILL LOVE PEOPLE (<) SICK, (>) APPROACH DEATH. TWO-OF-THEM HE CHERISH. MEAN WE MEET"each", #DO-DO? TAKE-CARE-OF PARALLEL YOURS. HELP THEIR-ctr LIFE FULL YOUR LIGHT. GOD HIMSELF CAUSE SLAVE OPPRESSION-OFF, PLEASE HELP-us HEART FREE. LOVE AGAIN CAN. WE REALLY-WANT COMFORT (2h)#ALL YOUR-God's PEOPLE. HELP-us US CHERISH TWO-OF-THEM-ctr LIKE WE CHERISH YOU-God.
Notes: MILLIONS - Since this is not meant literally, the FT of [B^] bounce several times on palm o [B].
(2h)#ALL - (2h)[A], POs ><, FOs up, are held at shoulder height and move away while opening to (2h)[L].
TAKE-CARE-OF - (2h)[K], FOs away, cross at wrist and circle perpendicular to chest.
WITNESS -  touches under eye while head moves down.
alt.OVERLOOK - (2h)[B], POs > signer alternately pass by the face at a diagonal.
HUG-AT-CHEST - Bring (2h)[S] arms to chest slowly as if drawing someone to you.
GIFT(-TO) - (2h)[X], POs ><, FOs up, nod downwards at wrist to show that something is given as a gift.
APPROACH - (2h)[B], FOs up, DH PO away, ND is held in front of NDH and palm faces it, then both hands approach one another slightly.
MEET"each" - (2h), POs ><, FOs up, hands move alt. side to side, brushing against one another while both arms move > DS.
SLAVE - (2h)[S], PO down, crossed at wrists, swing from side to side. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Slave.
OPPRESSION-OFF - Starts like PRESSURE, DH [B], PO down, FO away, push down slightly on [S], PO > DS, FO away, then the DH is brought upwards suddenly and the signer mouths "off".
REALLY-WANT - the sign WANT but shaken back and forth to show intensity.
COMFORT - Same sign as COMFORTABLE.
1. God of all the hungry millions. God who suffers with the poor.
Still our greed keeps us from sharing with the hungry at our door.
All who thirst will thirst no longer, when we do as you would do.
May we care for all your people. Help us know that they are you.
2. God who travels with the stranger, greeted by our apathy,
teach us to embrace all people. All can live with dignity.
You have bid us clothe the naked, bringing hope in all we do.
May we welcome all your people. Help us know that they are you.
3. God who loves the sick, the dying, they are precious in you sight.
We will bring them your compassion, fill their living with your light.
God who brings the captive freedom, free our hearts to love anew.
May we comfort all your people. Help us know that they are you.
To hear the music (without words), go to MIDI music: G and click on "God of the hungry."