EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
1. YOUR-ctr SOUL NOW FREE TRAVEL HEAVEN. BUT YOUR BODY ME EMBRACE-HORIZONTAL SOFT, LOVING. WATER ABLE MAKE THINGS PURE. #DO-DO? PLACE-IN-water SURFACE-BOBS, BRING-body-UP-AGAIN.
2. L-A-K-E, ME CAREFUL* DIP-IN-lake. YOU-ctr NOT OBJECT, NOT RESIST. YOU ALLOW WATER CARRY-AWAY BODY. INDEX-'travel in winding path' VANISH-IN-DISTANCE.
3. SOME ANGEL HAPPY TAKE-CARE-OF BODY, SING COMFORT YOU-ctr WHILE YOU-ctr LIE"over time". PLUS MANY PRIEST OFFER MASS AND PRAY HEAVEN HELP YOU-ctr APPROACH GOD ADVANCED HIS THRONE.
4. GOODBYE BUT NOT FOREVER, YOU-ctr ME CHERISH. PLEASE BRAVE, PATIENT ON YOUR-ctr BED SORROWFUL. YOUR NIGHT LIKE TRIAL WILL END FAST AND ME ARRIVE REMIND WAKE-UP TOMORROW.
Notes: ME - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
EMBRACE-HORIZONTAL - Mime embracing a body that you are about to dip into the lake. The body is already horizontal.
LOVING - LOVE+.
PURE - like NICE but the DH moves backwards slightly on the palm, pauses, then moves forward rapidly to show intensity.
PLACE-IN-water - With body already horizontal, now dip it into the lake.
SURFACE-BOBS - (2h), POs down, FOs away, hands move together to show the water's surface slightly wavy.
BRING-body-UP-AGAIN - Mime how the arms will move when bringing the body up from underwater.
DIP-IN-lake - Here show both the submerging and the emerging of the body.
OBJECT - COMPLAIN, but once with force.
INDEX-'travel in winding path' - , PO down, FO away, follows a winding path away from the body.
VANISH-IN-DISTANCE - [G], PO > NDS, FO up, moves away while closing to a [bO].
ANGEL - (2h)[B^] touch FTs to shoulders, then arms extended and bent move slightly as if flying gently.
COMFORT - Like COMFORTABLE but signed more slowly.
PRIEST - [G], PO > signer, FO up, moves across neck from NDS to DS to show clerical collar.
MASS - (2h)[F but squashed], POs ><, FOs away, are held together as if hold the host and hands are raised.
APPROACH - (2h)[B], FOs up, DH PO away, ND is held in front of NDH and palm faces it, then both hands approach one another slightly.
ADVANCED - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs up, move upwards arcing towards the signer. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Exalted.
THRONE - SIT + (2h)[B:], POs down, FOs away, behave as if they were on the arms of a throne.
GOODBYE - - Touch FT of [B] to mouth and then (2h)[B^], POs away, FOs up, flutter FTs as they move to the side as if saying goodbye to a circle of friends.
SORROWFUL - SAD"over time".
TRIAL - COURT.
REMIND - FT of [B^] tap against imaginary shoulder.
1. Softly and gently, dearly ransomed soul, in my most loving arms I now enfold thee. And o'er the purging waters as they roll, I poise thee and I lower thee and hold thee.
2. And with great care I dip thee in the lake; and thou without a sob or resistance dost through the flood thy rapid passage take, sinking deeper into the dim distance.
3. Angels to whom the willing task is given shall tend and nurse and lull thee as thou liest and masses on the earth and prayers in heaven shall aid thee at the throne of the most highest.
4. Farewell but not forever, sister/brother/loved one dear, be brave and patient on thy bed of sorrow. Swiftly shall pass the night of trial here, and I will come and wake thee on the morrow.