EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
1. (role play Lord speaking to his people) ME LORD, CONTROL (>) SEA, (<) SKY, HEAR (2h)YOU CALL-ON-me ME. YOUR SIN CAUSE LIVE PLACE DARK, NOW MY HANDS SAVE. MYSELF MAKE STAR DOT-SKY, PARALLEL MAKE YOUR LIVE BRIGHT. WHO WILLING MY LIGHT SHARE"each". WHO SHOULD ME SEND?
Refrain: (role play replying to God) HERE ME LORD. YOU MEAN ME, LORD? ME HEAR YOU CALL+ DURING NIGHT. ME WILLING #GO, LORD, IF YOU GUIDE ME. ME WILL HOLD YOUR PEOPLE INSIDE-SELF HEART.
2. (role play Lord speaking to his people) ME LORD, CONTROL (>) SNOW, (<) RAIN. MY PEOPLE HURT, ME FEEL me-SAME-AS-them. ME CRY BECAUSE ME LOVE THEM-rt. IF REFUSE FOLLOW, ME BREAK THEIR-rt STONE HEART. REPLACE HEART FULL LOVE. ME INFORM THEM-rt MY WORD. WHO SHOULD ME SEND? Refrain
3. (role play Lord speaking to his people) ME LORD, CONTROL (>) WIND, (<) FIRE. ME TAKE-CARE-OF (<) POOR, (>) LAME. ME SET FEAST FOR THEM-rt. MY HANDS SAVE WILL. BEST FOOD ME FEED"each". UNTIL THEIR-rt HEART SATISFIED. FINISH GIVE-UP LIFE FOR THEM-rt. WHO SHOULD ME SEND? Refrain
Notes: (role play Lord speaking to his people) - In this hymn, the verses are God talking to the congregants. Look down to the non-dominant side to show this is happening.
CALL-ON-me - [B], PO > signer, taps [B], PO down, FO > signer, from side opposite the signer, then moves away while closing to an [A], PO > signer, FO up, and moving up. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Call - 1.
CAUSE - (2h)[S] are held at the chest as if holding a rope and move forward while opening to (2h). For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - cause.
DOT-SKY - (2h)[5:], POs and FOs diagonally up, hands jab upwards as if dotting the sky with stars.
(role play replying to God) - In this hymn, the refrain is the congregants replying to God. Look up to the dominant side to show this is happening.
#GO - [G], PO > singer, FO up, is held at eye level, moves away and changes to [bO].
INSIDE-SELF - The FT of [C] are held against the chest and stuff the FT of [O^] into the [C] twice.
LAME - (2h)[1^], POs down, FOs away, move in alternate vertical circles at right angles to the chest, with a sideways motion of the body as if limping.
FEAST - (2h)alt.EAT. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Feast.
Lyrics: 1. I, the Lord of sea and sky, I have heard my people cry.
All who dwell in dark and sin, my hand will save.
I, who made the stars of night, I will make their darkness bright.
Who will bear my light to them? Whom shall I send?
Refrain: Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord? I have hear you calling in the night.
I will go, Lord, if you lead me. I will hold your people in my heart.
2. I, the Lord of snow and rain, I have borne my people's pain.
I have wept for love of them. They turn away.
I will break their hearts of stone, give them hearts for love alone.
I will speak my word to them. Whom shall I send?
3. I, the Lord of wind and flame, I will tend the poor and lame.
I will set a feast for them. My hand will save.
Finest bread I will provide till their hearts be satisfied.
I will give my life to them. Whom shall I send?
To hear a partial performance, go to http://jukebox.ocp.org/preview/10215_1_12.mp3.