EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
1. GO-AHEAD PRAISE! PRAISE GOD IN HIS TEMPLE, PRAISE HIM FAR-AWAY HEAVEN. GO-AHEAD PRAISE! PRAISE GOD FOR MIGHTY ACTION AND NAME~SHINY. Refrain
2. GO-AHEAD PRAISE! PRAISE GOD HOW? BLOW-TRUMPET, PLAY-LUTE, PLAY-HARP. GO-AHEAD PRAISE! PRAISE GOD HOW? STRIKE-TAMBOURINE~SHAKE-UPWARDS, DANCE, PLAY-CELLO, PLAY-FLUTE. Refrain
3. GO-AHEAD PRAISE! PRAISE GOD HOW? CRASH-CYMBALS, FINGER-CYMBALS. EVERYTHING LIVE PRAISE GOD SHOULD. PRAISE THE LORD. Refrain
Notes: GO-AHEAD - (2h)[B^ dot], POs ><, FOs away, move forward in a jerk.
FAR-AWAY - , twists while moving away with tongue shuttling from side to side. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Far.
MIGHTY - (2h)[S], POs > back of signer, FOs up, are held at NDS and fists descend, then repeat at DS.
NAME~SHINY - starts like the sign NAME, the NDH - left in place while the DH touches it with the [open 8] (as in the sign FEEL), then moves upwards while twisting the wrist.
BLOW-TRUMPET - The ancient valveless trumpet is meant: (2h)[S], are held DH in front of NDH at mouth, and expand cheeks moving head forward.
PLAY-LUTE - Mime playing a "small guitar".
FINGER-CYMBALS - (2h)[open 8], strike middle fingers against thumbs.
1. Praise! Praise God in the temple, in the highest heavens! Praise! Praise God's might deeds and noble majesty.
2. Praise! Praise God with trumpet blasts, with lute and harp. Praise! Praise God with timbrels and dance, with strings and pipes!
3. Praise! Praise God with crashing cymbals, with ringing cymbals. All that is alive praise, praise the Lord.