EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: HERE (2h)ME, GOD. ||: (2h)ME HERE DO WHAT YOU REALLY-WANT. :||
1. (2h)ME WAIT"over time" FOR YOU, PAH YOU ANSWER, GOD. YOU TEACH-me (2h)ME SING NEW*. (2h)ME SING, PRAISE GOD, HIMSELF SAVE. Refrain
2. YOU CAUSE (2h)ME OPEN-MIND UNDERSTAND YOUR WORD, GOD. HYPOCRITE OFFER-SACRIFICE, GOD IGNORE. (2h)ME THRILLED DO WHAT YOU REALLY-WANT, GOD. Refrain
3. (<) (2h)ME TELL-STORY ABOUT YOUR JUSTICE. (>) (2h)ME TELL-STORY ABOUT YOUR PEACE. (<) (2h)ME TELL-STORY ABOUT HOW TRUST YOU HELP-me CAN. (>) (2h)ME PRAISE YOUR LOVE WHILE (2h)#ALL YOUR PEOPLE MANY-LOOK-AT-me. Refrain
Notes: (2h)ME - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
The signs between "||:" and ":||" are to be repeated.
REALLY-WANT - WANT but shaken back and forth to show intensity.
PAH - Like SUCCEED but "pah" is mouthed and has the meaning of "at long last". For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - finally.
CAUSE - (2h)[S] are held at the chest as if holding a rope and move forward while opening to (2h). For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - cause.
OFFER-SACRIFICE - For a more poetic sign, start with (2h)[B], POs away, FOs up, twist hands so that little fingers approach each other and palms turn up, then bring hands upwards > Heaven.
JUSTICE - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs up, tap FT while moving in a horizontal circle.
(2h)#ALL - (2h)[A], POs ><, FOs up, are held at shoulder height and move away while opening to (2h)[L].
MANY-LOOK-AT-me - (2h), POs down, FOs away, hands turn FO > face as if many people were turning their gaze to the signer.
Refrain: Here am I, O God. ||: I come to do your will. :||
1. I waited for you, and you hear me, O God. You have put a new song in my mouth: a hymn of praise to the God of my salvation.
2. You opened my ear to your word, O God. You take no delight in empty sacrifice. To do your will is my life and my delight, O God.
3. I sing of your justice; I sing of your peace; I sing of your faithfulness and steadfast love; I chant your praise in the midst of all your people.