EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: ||: HAPPEN GOD SUMMON (2h)YOU WORK FOR HIM, DON'T STUBBORN REFUSE. :||
1. COME-ON SHOUT HAPPY LOUD TO LORD HON.-INDEX. HONOR YOUR FOUNDATION, HE SELF SAVE US. COME-ON WE APPROACH HIM NOW. WE HONOR LORD HOW? SING. Refrain
2. COME-ON WE SHOULD KNEEL, SHOULD BOW-DOWN-TO HIM. WHY? HE SELF MAKE US. HE OUR GOD; WE HIS PEOPLE. IDEA~LIKE SHEPHERD LEAD FLOCK-DRIVEN. Refrain
3. WISH* TODAY (2h)YOU UNDERSTAND HE SUMMON"each". STUBBORN REFUSE, DON'T. REMEMBER YOUR ANCESTORS GROUP-WANDER-TO-rt DESERT, DON'T TEST ME LIKE THEM-rt. Refrain
Notes: The signs between "||:" and ":||" are to be repeated.
SUMMON - DH [B] taps NDH [B], PO down, FO > signer, then moves > signer while closing to an [A], PO away from signer, FO up, and moving up.
COME-ON - (2h)[B^] move in circles pivoting at the wrists to beckon someone to do something.
FOUNDATION - NDH [S], PO > signer, FO > DS, is held out with arm parallel to the chest and DH [S], PO > signer, strikes hand from below and then strikes elbow from below.
APPROACH - (2h)[B], FOs up, DH PO away, ND is held in front of NDH and palm faces it, then both hands approach one another slightly.
KNEEL - Sign begins like STAND and the DHFTs are bent into (2h)[V:]. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Genuflect.
BOW-DOWN-TO - (2h)[B], POs away, FOs up, are held like the final position of GIVE-UP, then bend these arms twice while bowing at waist once.
IDEA~LIKE - a blending where IDEA has a [Y] instead of an [I] in anticipation of LIKE which - signed smoothly right afterwards.
FLOCK-DRIVEN - (2h)[S], POs down, FOs away, open to (2h) which wg and move away.
ANCESTORS - (2h)[A], FOs up, DH is held against forehead, NDH close to head but lower, both hands open to (2h) while moving upwards + (2h), POs ><, FOs up, move in a vertical circle while moving back over shoulder.
GROUP-WANDER-TO-rt - (2h)[C], POs ><, FT touch, and both hands move together > right in a wavey path.
DESERT - DRY THEREABOUTS. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Desert.
DON'T - (2h)[B], POs down, cross at wrists, then uncross moving horizontally and emphatically. For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - don't.
Refrain: If today you hear his voice, harden not your hearts. (repeat)
1. Come, ring out our joy to the Lord. Hail the Rock who saves us. Let us come now before him. With songs let us hail the Lord.
2. Come, let us bow and bend low. Let us kneel before him who made us, for he is our God, we his people, the flock that is led by his hand.
3. O that today you would hear his voice, "Harden not your hearts, as on that day in the dessert, when your parents put me to the test."
To hear the music (without words), go to Psalms, scroll down to "Psalm 95: If today you hear God's voice" and click on "Midi file".