EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: JESUS CHRIST, JESUS CHRIST SAME. YESTERDAY, TODAY, FOREVER-FUTURE-AND-PAST.
1. YOU-lf LIGHT SHINY. YOU-lf GOD HIS-rt SUN (sic). SHOW-us HIS-rt FACE. Refrain
2. (<) YOU VERY-FIRST, (>) YOU VERY-LAST. SAVIOR PLUS FRIEND TOGETHER. Refrain
3. YOU-lf LIVE HEAVEN, SEND LIGHT ABSTRACT SHINE-DOWN-ON US. Refrain
4. CHRIST, PLEASE OPPRESSION-OFF. CHRIST, PLEASE SAVE US. Refrain
5. WITH YOU-lf LORD, WE DIALOGUE. PLEASE ATTEND-TO MY PRAYER. Refrain
6. SON FROM GOD, ALL LIGHT FROM YOU-lf. Refrain
7. ALL-DAY YOUR LIGHT WE THRILLED. Refrain
8. YOU (<) OUR WAY, (>) OUR TRUTH. YOU LIFE ITSELF. Refrain
Notes: FOREVER-FUTURE-AND-PAST - FOREVER is signed, but the NDH moves back over shoulder to show infinte time extended into both the past and the future.
SHINY - (2h)[open 8], POs down, FOs away, twist rapidly at wrists while rising. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Shine.
YOU-lf, HIS-rt - I spatialize Jesus at high left and God the Father at high right.
SUN (sic) - "(sic)" means that I intentionally spelled it SUN and did not mean SON.
VERY-FIRST - , PO down, FO away, supinates like the sign FIRST, but strikes the thumb of NDH [A dot], PO > DS, FO away. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: First.
VERY-LAST - (2h)[I], DH PO down, FO away, is held on the other side of the NDH, PO > signer, FO up, makes a small circle and then pinky strikes pinky.
ABSTRACT - 5-COLLEGE.
SHINE-DOWN-ON - [O^] is held high PO > signer; hands open to [5^] while moving > signer.
OPPRESSION-OFF - Starts like PRESSURE, DH [B], PO down, FO away, push down slightly on [S], PO > DS, FO away, then the DH is brought upwards suddenly and the signer mouths "off".
DIALOGUE - (2h), POs ><, FOs up, alt. move to and fro at chin.
ATTEND-TO - PAY-ATTENTION.
LIGHT - Same sign as BRIGHT and CLEAR, that is, (2h)[O^], POs away, FOs up, open to (2h), while separating. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Light - 1.
Refrain: Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ, yesterday, today and forever.
1. O radiant Light, O Sun divine of our God's deathless face.
2. You are Alpha and Omega, you are savior and friend.
3. Image of Light sublime that fills the heavenly dwelling place.
4. Cristo nos da la libertad; Cristo nos da la salvación.
5. Dame, Señor, tu parlabra; oye, Señor, mi oración.
6. Son of God; source of Light.
7. At the light of eventide we joy in your presence.
8. You are our way and our truth; you are our life.