EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
1. GOD BLESS THOSE-rt, THEIR-rt SPIRIT HUMBLE, REALLY-WANT LORD. GOD HIS-rt FUTURE KINGDOM BECOME THEIRS-rt. GOD BLESS THOSE-lf SORROW. HOW? HE-rt WILL COMFORT THEM-lf. AND THOSE-ctr HUMBLE WILL RULE THIS WORLD.
Refrain: ||: LEAD ME, LORD. :|| LIGHT YOUR TRUTH HELP ME FIND PERFECT WAY. BECOME MY WAY, BECOME MY TRUTH, BECOME MY LIFE, MY LORD. LEAD ME, LORD TODAY.
2. GOD BLESS THOSE-rt HAVE-MERCY-ON-ctr. GOD WILL HAVE-MERCY-ON-rt #BACK-TO-rt. THOSE-lf HAVE HEART PURE, SEE THEIR-lf GOD WILL. GOD BLESS THOSE-ctr HUNGRY, ONLY WANT HOLY THINGS. ME SAY THEY-ctr SATISFIED WILL.
3. GOD BLESS THOSE-rt ALL THEIR-rt LIFE PLANT-SEEDS PEACE. (2h)#ALL WILL CALL THEM-rt CHILDREN CONNECT-TO-rt LORD. GOD BLESS THOSE-lf OTHERS PERSECUTE. OTHER PEOPLE HATE THEIR-lf HOLY LIFE. THEY-lf ARRIVE HEAVEN, THEIR-lf REWARD GREAT.
Notes: BLESS - (2h)[O^], POs ><, held at mouth. Hands are brought downwards while opening to (2h). For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Bless.
THOSE - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
REALLY-WANT - WANT but shaken back and forth to show intensity.
KINGDOM - KING + , PO down, FO away, circles horizontally. For an animated gif of this sign, see Valley Bible Church - ASL dictionary: Kingdom.
SORROW - SAD+.
COMFORT - Like COMFORTABLE but signed more slowly.
The signs between "||:" and ":||" are to be repeated.
HAVE-MERCY-ON - (2h)[open 8], POs > people who are receiving mercy, hands move in vertical circles normal (perpendicular) to the chest.
#BACK-TO-rt - (2h)[B], POs > rt, FOs up; the hands transition to a C and then a K while rushing towards rt.
PURE - like NICE but the DH moves backwards slightly on the palm, pauses, then moves forward rapidly to show intensity.
HOLY - H-CLEAN. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Holy - 1.
PLANT-SEEDS - [O^], PO down, FO away, moves away while closing to an [A].
(2h)#ALL - (2h)[A], POs ><, FOs up, are held at shoulder height and move away while opening to (2h)[L].
OTHERS - [A dot], PO > NDS, FO away, twists while moving in a horizontal circle.
PERSECUTE - (2h)[X], NDH PO > signer, FO > DS, DH PO > NDS< FO away. DH moves in a vertical circle perpendicular to the chest.
GREAT - (2h)[B], POs away, FOs up, push away from signer.
1. Blessed are the poor in spirit, longing for their Lord,
for God's coming kingdom shall be theirs.
Blessed are the sorrowing, for they shall be consoled,
and the meek shall come to rule the world.
Refrain: Lead me, Lord, lead me, Lord,
by the light of truth
to seek and to find the narrow way.
Be my way; be my truth;
be my life, my Lord,
and lead me, Lord, today.
2. Blessed are the merciful, for mercy shall be theirs,
and the pure in heart shall see their God.
Blest are they whose hunger only holiness can fill,
for I say they shall be satisfied.
3. Blest are they who through their lifetimes
sow the seeds of peace;
all will call them children of the Lord.
Blest are you, though persecuted in your holy life,
for in heaven, great is your reward.