EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: GOD IDEA~LIKE SHEPHERD. WHY? WE HIS SHEEP. HE-rt FEED"each". HAPPEN WE LOST, HE-rt RAISE-UP US. HOLD-CLOSE HEART. CAREFUL LEAD US THERE-Heaven HOME.
1. INFORM SOUTHERN KINGDOM ISRAEL, (role play > DS) TIME+ PREPARE WAY FOR THE-rt LORD. (end role play) CLIMB MOUNTAIN TOP, ANNOUNCE JERUSALEM, (role play > NDS) YOUR"all" GOD ARRIVE.
2. GOD PROMISE, (role play God) ME MYSELF LEAD MY PEOPLE IDEA~LIKE SHEPHERD. WHY? OTHERS LED THEM-rt OFF-POINT-lf&rt. IF PEOPLE LOST WAY, ME SAVE, HELP HEAL. ME FIND PLACE THEY-rt REST IDEA~LIKE SHEEP NEED PASTURE. (end role play)
3. (role play God) IF LIFE HEAVY, YOU"all" WEIGHED-DOWN, COME ACCEPT MY YOKE. OH-I-SEE, REALIZE NOTHING-TO-IT. YOU"all" REFRESHED WILL.
Notes: IDEA~LIKE - A blending where IDEA has a [Y] instead of an [I] in anticipation of LIKE which is signed smoothly right afterwards.
SHEPHERD - SHEEP SUPERVISE AGENT.
RAISE-UP - (2h)[B], POs down, FOs away, lower slightly, supinate, and rise up.
HOLD-CLOSE - Mime hugging something close to your body.
THERE - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
KINGDOM - KING + , PO down, FO away, circles horizontally. For an animated gif of this sign, see Valley Bible Church - ASL dictionary: Kingdom.
ISRAEL - Like SWEET (with a [B]).
JERUSALEM - [B with thumbs flush with other fingers but not folded into palm], touches mouth and then pronates.
OFF-POINT-lf&rt - DH [S], PO > NDS, flicks finger > NDS from off , PO > NDS, FO up. Then DH flicks > DS.
PASTURE PASTURE - GRASS FLAT.
WEIGHED-DOWN - (2h)[B^] touch FT to DS shoulder and then push down so that the shoulder slumps > DS.
YOKE - (2h)[C], POs ><, rest on each respective shoulders.
NOTHING-TO-IT - (2h)[F], POs away, FOs up, hands move slightly and symetrically from side to side.
REFRESHED - (2h)[S], elbows are pointed out somewhat and then pivot upwards twice, almost like "CHICKEN" (cowardly) but fists do not touch the body.
Refrain: Like a shepherd he feeds his flock, and gathers the lambs in His arms, holding them carefully close to His heart, leading them home.
1. Say to the cities of Judah: Prepare the way of the Lord. Go to the mountain top lift your voice. Jerusalem, here is your God.
2. I myself will shepherd them, for others have led them astray. The lost I will rescue and heal their wounds, and pasture them giving them rest.
3. Come unto me if you are heavily burdened and take my yoke upon your shoulders. I will give you rest.