EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: LORD, HELP-us US MANY-LOOK-TO-God YOU SHOW-us US YOUR FACE AND WE SAVED WILL.
1. YOU SHEPHERD FOR JEWISH PEOPLE, PAY-ATTENTION-us US FROM YOUR THRONE BRIGHT. YOUR POWER APPLY. COME SAVE US. Refrain
2. YOU CHOSE-us US BECOME YOUR PEOPLE. LIVE WITHOUT CARE-FOR-us CAN'T. REACH-DOWN YOUR PEOPLE, LORD, SAVE US. Refrain
3. IF YOU TOGETHER US, WE LIVE NEW THROUGH YOUR LOVE CAN. SHINE-ON-us US, GREAT LORD CONTROL LIFE. Refrain
4. LORD WE ASSEMBLE HERE. SHOW-us US YOUR KINDNESS AND L-O-V-E. PLEASE SPEAK, HELP PEACE SPREAD FOR YOUR PEOPLE. Refrain
5. LORD, SEND SALVATION SPRINKLE-DOWN. (<) JUSTICE, (>) PEACE, IDEA~LIKE RAIN"bit by bit". (<) EARTH WILL OFFER TRUTH. (>) SKY OFFER L-O-V-E. Refrain
6. LOOK-AT-us, LORD, US MANY-LOOK-TO-God YOU. YOU ALONE BRING-TO-us LIFE. LEAD US, SHINE-DOWN-ON-us SHOW-us RIGHT WAY. Refrain
7. GOD DO MIRACLE. HOLY HIS NAME FROM-NOW-ON FOREVER. HE HAVE MERCY HE HAVE L-O-V-E FOR HIS PEOPLE. Refrain
8. GOD GIFT-TO-me HAPPINESS. me REALLY-WANT MY LIFE SHOW"all" PRAISE-Him. CLEAR HE LOVE ME DEEP. HE BLESS ME OVERFLOW. Refrain
9. HE SATISFY EACH HUNGRY HEART. BUT RICH PEOPLE, HE REJECT. HE SUPPORT+ THOSE-lf HUMBLE AND THOSE-rt LOWLY, WITH L-O-V-E. Refrain
Notes: MANY-LOOK-TO-God - (2h) move FT towards Heaven as if many eyes were looking to God.
YOU - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
THRONE - SIT + (2h)[B:], POs down, FOs away, behave as if they were on the arms of a throne.
CARE-FOR-us - (2h)[K] are crossed at wrists and FT > signer move in a vertical circle normal (perpendicular) to the chest.
REACH-DOWN - Mime stretching your hands down from Heaven to earth.
GREAT - WONDEFUL but a single movement.
ASSEMBLE - (2h)[S], POs down, FOs ><, move > each other while opening to (2h)[5wg].
KINDNESS - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs away, NDH is held close to heart and DH circles around it.
SPRINKLE-DOWN - (2h), POs down, FOs away, hands descend while wg.
JUSTICE - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs up, tap FT while moving in a horizontal circle.
IDEA~LIKE - a blending where IDEA has a [Y] instead of an [I] in anticipation of LIKE which - signed smoothly right afterwards.
RAIN"bit by bit" - RAIN descends with a series of pauses.
LOOK-AT-us - [V], FO > Heaven, FT turn around and look at signer.
SHINE-DOWN-ON-us - [O^] is held high PO > signer; hands open to [5^] while moving > signer.
MIRACLE - WONDERFUL(1x) WORK. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Miracle.
FROM-NOW-ON - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs away, DHFT touches knuckle side of NDHFT and moves away in a downward arc. For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - from now on.
GIFT-TO-me - (2h)[X], POs ><, FOs up, nod downwards at wrist > signer to show that something is given as a gift.
REALLY-WANT - WANT but shaken back and forth to show intensity.
OVERFLOW - , PO down, FO away, covers top of [S], PO > DS, FO away, and FT wiggle as the hand moves away, like a cup overflowing. For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - overflow.
REJECT - Hands start like the final position of STOP and DH slides > DS while pronating.
LOWLY - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs up, move downwards arcing towards the signer. This is the opposite of the sign ADVANCED. For an animated gif of ADVANCED, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Exalted.
Refrain: Lord, make us turn to You, show us Your face and we shall be saved.
1. Shepherd of Israel, hearken from Your throne and shine forth. Oh rouse Your power and come to save us.
2. We are Your chosen vine; only by your care do we live. Reach out your hand, Oh Lord, unto Your people.
3. If You will dwell with us, we shall live anew in Your love. Oh shine upon us, great Lord of life.
4. Lord, we are present here. Show us Your kindness and love. Oh speak Your word of peace unto Your people.
5. Lord, let salvation rain. Shower down Your justice and peace. The earth shall bring forth truth, the skies Your love.
6. See, Lord, we look to You. You alone can bring us to life. Oh walk before us, to light our pathways.
7. God has done wondrous things. Holy is His name for all time. His mercy and His love are with His people.
8. God is my joy and song. I would have my life speak His praise. On me His love has shown, His blessings given.
9. He fills all hungry hearts, sending the rich empty forth, and holding up in love the meek and lowly.