EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: LORD, YOUR-ctr WORDS LEAD-TO WE LIVE FOREVER.
1. LORD HIS-ctr LAW PERFECT, CAUSE SOUL FEEL NEW*. LORD HIS-ctr RULE TRUST, MEAN MIND SIMPLE FIND WISDOM. Refrain
2. BOW-DOWN-ctr LORD MAKE HOLY, ATTITUDE STAY FOREVER. LORD COMMAND, WORTH FOLLOW. WHY? HE TEND JUST. Refrain
3. LORD HIS-ctr PRINCIPLE RIGHT. PUT-DOWN-ON-heart HEART, FEEL HAPPY. LORD COMMAND US DIRECT. OUR VISION BECOME CLEAR. Refrain
4. HIS-ctr WORD WORTH MORE-THAN GOLD. E-V-E-N GOLD PURE. SWEET MORE-THAN HONEY. E-V-E-N RECENT FROM BEE. Refrain
Notes: CAUSE - (2h)[S] are held at the chest as if holding a rope and move forward while opening to (2h). For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - cause.
BOW-DOWN - (2h)[B], POs away, FOs up, are held like the final position of GIVE-UP, then bend these arms twice while bowing at waist once.
HOLY - H-CLEAN. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Holy - 1.
PUT-DOWN-ON-heart - FT of [O^] touch heart, then palm touches heart.
VISION - alt.SEE.
DIRECT - STRAIGHT.
MORE-THAN - (2h)[B^], touch FTs, then DH moves up in an arc towards the signer and away. For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - more than.
PURE - like NICE but the DH moves backwards slightly on the palm, pauses, then moves forward rapidly to show intensity.
BEE - Closed FT of [F] touch cheek, then [B], PO away, FO up, brushes bee away.
Refrain: Lord, you have the words of everlasting life.
1. The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul; the Lord's rule is to be trusted, the simple find wisdom.
2. The fear of the Lord is holy, abiding forever; the decrees of the Lord are true, all of them just.
3. The precepts of the Lord are right, they gladden the heart, the command of the Lord is clear, giving light to the eye.
4. They are worth more than gold, than the finest gold, sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb.