EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
1. ||: HOLY SPIRIT, HOLY SPIRIT. COME-ON BRING YOUR-ctr FIRE. :||
Refrain: ||: COME-ON HOLY SPIRIT. ALLOW YOUR-ctr FIRE fire-FALL.
ALLOW YOUR-ctr FIRE fire-FALL. :||
2. ||: HOLY SPIRIT, HOLY SPIRIT, MAKE MY HEART PURE. :||
3. ||: HOLY SPIRIT, HOLY SPIRIT, CAUSE MY LIFE BURN-FORWARD. :||
Notes: The signs between "||:" and ":||" are to be repeated.
HOLY - H-CLEAN. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Holy - 1.
COME-ON - (2h)[B^] move in circles pivoting at the wrists to beckon someone to do something.
fire-FALL - (2h), POs > signer, FOs up, hands descend from above.
PURE - like NICE but the DH moves backwards slightly on the palm, pauses, then moves forward rapidly to show intensity.
CAUSE - (2h)[S] are held at the chest as if holding a rope and move forward while opening to (2h). For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - cause.
BURN-FORWARD - (2h), POs > signer, FOs up, hands move forward with wg.
1. ||: Holy Spirit, Holy Spirit come with your fire. :||
Refrain: ||: Come Holy Spirit, let the fire fall,
Let the fire fall. :||
2. ||: Holy Spirit, Holy Sprit purify my heart. :||
3. ||: Holy Spirit, Holy Spirit set my life on fire. :||