EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: COME-ON LORD, COME-ON LORD JESUS. CAUSE YOUR-lf PEOPLE HOPE. COME-ON LORD, COME-ON LORD JESUS. LEAD YOUR-lf PEOPLE HOME INDEX-Heaven.
1. YOU-lf LORD CONTROL LIGHT-SHINE-DOWN, MAKE NIGHT BECOME BRIGHT. RIGHT WAY, MANY PEOPLE STRAY-LEFT-AND-RIGHT. COME-ON SUNRISE, SHINE-DOWN-ON-us US. DARK GONE, NO-MORE. Refrain
2. KING CONTROL (2h)#ALL, YOU-lf BRING-TO-us US L-O-V-E. WORLD BECOME NEW. PRINCE HELP PEACE, OPPRESSION-OFF, JUSTICE FOR (2h)#ALL PEOPLE. Refrain
3. YOU-lf COMFORTER, SAVE US. WE TEND SIN, PLEASE REMOVE. YOU-lf COUNSELOR, LORD MIGHTY. TEACH-us US KNOW WHAT YOU-lf REQUIRE. Refrain
4. E-M-M-A-N-U-E-L, GOD WITH US. LONG-AGO BIBLE PROMISE YOU-lf COME. YOU-lf CALLED E-M-M-A-N-U-E-L, GOD WITH US. PAH GOD WITH US. Refrain
Notes: COME-ON - (2h)[B^] move in circles pivoting at the wrists to beckon someone to do something.
LIGHT-SHINE-DOWN - [O^] is held high PO > signer; hands open to [5^] while moving > signer.
STRAY-LEFT-AND-RIGHT - like the sign OFF-THE-POINT but the DH flicks index finger to one side and then to the other side; it's another way to sign the concept "sin".STRIVE-FOR-GOAL - Hands are oriented like the sign GOAL but the DH moves in a vertical circle as if trying to get to the goal, but not yet successful.
NO-MORE - (2h)[B], POs down, cross at wrists, then uncross moving horizontally and emphatically. For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - don't.
(2h)#ALL - (2h)[A], POs ><, FOs up, move away while opening to (2h)[L].
OPPRESSION-OFF - Starts like PRESSURE, DH [B], PO down, FO away, push down slightly on [S], PO > DS, FO away, then the DH is brought upwards suddenly and the signer mouths "off".
Refrain: Come Lord, Come Lord Jesus. Give your people hope. Come Lord, Come Lord Jesus, and lead your people home.
1. O Lord fill the night. Many have lost their way. O Rising Dawn, shine upon us, darkness shall be no more.
2. O King of Kings, love you bring. The world is made anew. O Prince of Peace, make us free, justice for humankind.
3. O Comforter, rescue us. Destroy our sinfulness. O Counselor, mighty Lord, teach us what we must know.
4. Emmanuel, Emmanuel, promised so long ago. Emmanuel, Emmanuel, Go is withu sat last.
To hear the music (without words), go to MIDI music: M and click on "Maranatha."