EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: EVERYTHING INSIDE-SELF REALLY-WANT SING ABOUT GOD. HIMSELF GIFT-TO-me LIFE, FEEL BORN AGAIN. MY SPIRIT TAKE-OFF RIDE LORD HIS WINGS. (1h)SOAR.
1. MY SOUL ANNOUNCE LORD HAVE GLORY. ME CELEBRATE GOD SAVE ME FINISH. HIMSELF (role play God) LOOK-DOWN OH-I-SEE HAVE-MERCY HELP. (2h)#ALL HERE EARTH RECOGNIZE GOD BLESS ME LONG-LIST. GOD DO MIRACLE, ME ASTONISHED. HOLY, YES HOLY GOD HIS NAME. Refrain
2. GOD HAVE-MERCY-ON-us US (2h)VERY-LONG-AGO UP-TO-NOW. UNDERSTAND FOLLOW HIS COMMAND BOW-DOWN. (<) HE HAVE POWER, (>) HE HAVE STRENGTH. PEOPLE TOO-MUCH PROUD, HE REJECT. RULER SIT THRONE ARROGANT, HE THROW-OUT, FIND HUMBLE REPLACE RULE. Refrain
3. (<) IF THEY-lf STARVE, GOD FEED"each"@lf THINGS DELICIOUS. (>) IF THEY-rt RICH, GOD LEAVE-ALONE-rt THEIR-rt HANDS EMPTY. IF THEY-ctr HAVE FAITH, HE PROTECT. HIS SPECIAL PEOPLE HE HAVE-MERCY-ON-ctr. WHY? HE PROMISE THEIR-ctr ANCESTORS PASS-DOWN FOREVER. Refrain
Notes: INSIDE-SELF - The FT of [C] are held against the chest and stuff the FT of [O^] into the [C] twice.
REALLY-WANT - The sign WANT but shaken back and forth to show intensity.
GIFT-TO-me - (2h)[X], POs ><, FOs up, hands tip back towards signer to show that something is given as a gift.
TAKE-OFF - Like DEVELOP but moves quickly and abruptly with a "po".
WINGS - Second half of ANGEL: arms extended and bent move slightly as if flying gently.
(1h)SOAR - Because the end of the sentence is held so long, it would look strange to strecth out the sing WINGS. To remedy this, add DH [Bb], PO diagonally down, FO away, moves diagonally upwards, slowly and in a wavy pattern as if soaring.
GLORY - (2h), POs><, FOs away from signer, DH which is on top wiggles fingers while ascending. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Glory.
(2h)#ALL - (2h)[A], POs ><, FOs up, are held at shoulder height and move away while opening to (2h)[L].
LONG-LIST - (2h)[O^], POs > signer, NDH - above and touches DH; both hands open to (2h) while DH descends.
MIRACLE - WONDERFUL(1x) WORK. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Miracle.
(2h)VERY-LONG-AGO - (2h), POs ><, FOs up, circle as they move back over the shoulder.
TOO-MUCH - (2h)[B^], touch FTs, then DH moves up in an arc towards the signer and away. For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - more than.
REJECT - Hands start like the final position of STOP and DH slides > DS while pronating.
SIT THRONE - - SIT + (2h)[B:], POs down, FOs away, behave as if they were on the arms of a throne.
LEAVE-ALONE - (2h), POs ><, FOs away, descend in the place where the person or thing is left.
ANCESTORS - (2h)[A], FOs up, DH is held against forehead, NDH close to head but lower, both hands open to (2h) while moving upwards + (2h), POs ><, FOs up, move in a vertical circle while moving back over shoulder.
Refrain: All that I am sings of the God who brings new life to birth in me. My spirit soars on the wings of my Lord.
1. My soul gives glory to the Lord, rejoicing in my saving God, who looks upon me in my state, and all the world will call me blest; For God works marvels in my sight, and holy, holy is GodŐs name.
2. GodŐs mercy is from age to age, on those who follow in fear; Whose arm is power and strength, and scatters all the proud of heart; Who casts the mighty from their thrones and raises up the lowly ones!
3. God fills the starving with good things, the rich are left with empty hands; Protecting all the faithful ones, remembering Israel with mercy, the promise known to those before and to their children for ever!