EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
1. (<) NOW MORNING SUNRISE LOOK~LIKE FIRST GOD MAKE. (>) BLACK BIRD NOW SING LIKE FIRST BIRD HE MAKE. WE PRAISE BIRD SING++. (<) WE PRAISE HON.INDEX-lf SUNRISE. PRAISE TWO-OF-THEM LOOK~LIKE GOD HIS WORD DESCRIBE.
2. NEW RAIN LOOK SWEET WHEN SUNSHINE MAKE BRIGHT. IMAGINE FIRST WATER (2h)5wg-CL'dew fall' ON FIRST GRASS GOD MAKE. WE PRAISE FRESH GREEN THEREABOUTS, SWEET LIFE GROW+. GOD WALK THROUGH THERABOUTS, LIFE BECOME WHOLE.
3. (<) ME CHERISH SUNSHINE. (>) ME CHERISH MORNING. ONE LIGHT MAKE EVERYTHING LIKE (2h)LONG-AGO. GO-AHEAD PRAISE HIM, EVERY-MORNING HAPPY. EVERYDAY GOD CREATE WORLD AGAIN NEW.
Notes: LOOK~LIKE - A blending of the two signs that has [ILY] point to nose, then hand moves away changing to [Y], PO down, FO away.
(2h)5wg-CL'dew fall' - The two hands POs down, FOs away, descend while FT wg to show dew descending.
WHOLE - (2h)[B^], POs up, FOs ><, DH circles around NDH and lands on its palm. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Whole.
1. Morning has broken like the first morning;
Blackbird has spoken like the first bird.
Praise for the singing! Praise for the morning!
Praise for them springing fresh from the Word!
2. Sweet the rain's new fall sunlit from heaven,
Like the first dewfall on the first grass.
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden,
Sprung in completeness where His feet pass.
3. Mine is the sunlight! Mine is the morning,
Born of the one light Eden saw play!
Praise with elation; praise ev'ry morning,
God's recreation of the new day!
To hear a performance of this song, go to Unitarian Universalist Church of Nashua recordings: Morning has broken.