EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
1. JESUS, YOU-lf WISE. GOD HIS-rt WORD. (2h)#ALL LIFE FROM YOU-lf. COME, HELP-us US OPEN-HEARTED. SHOW-us PLAN LEAD US TO YOU-lf WITH L-O-V-E.
2. YOU-rt GOD FOR MOSES, PLEASE PROTECT PEOPLE YOU-rt CHOOSE. OUR SIN OPPRESS, PLEASE SEND MESSIAH OPRESSION-OFF, YOUR-rt PEOPLE FREE.
3. KING-DAVID HIS-ctr FATHER PASS-DOWN YOU-lf. BLOOM FOR US. SHOW-us GOD TAKE-CARE-OF-us HOLY. SHOW"all" GOD HIS-rt GLORY LOVE US WITHOUT END.
4. KING-DAVID HIS-ctr KEY, YOU-lf PROTECT HEAVEN GATE FOR KING. PLEASE OPEN-GATE. DEATH PREVENT US LIKE DOOR. OPEN-DOOR LEAD YOUR-lf PEOPLE THERE-heaven HOME.
5. YOU-rt OUR SUNRISE. rt-SHINE-DOWN JUSTICE. BRIGHT* rt-SHINY FOREVER. COME CONQUER OUR NIGHT. DEATH LIKE DARK WALL WE NEED DISSOLVE.
6. YOU-lf KING RULE (2h)#ALL NATION. WORLD LIKE ARCH, YOU-lf STONE TOP SUPPORT MIGHTY. MAKE US NEW. COME-ON CELEBRATE, GOD HIS-rt SPECIAL PEOPLE. WE #BACK-WITH-God. YOU-lf LOVE US. GOD WITH US GIFT-TO-us LIVE FOREVER.
Notes: YOU - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
(2h)#ALL - (2h)[A], POs ><, FOs up, are held at shoulder height and move away while opening to (2h)[L].
OPEN-HEARTED - (2h)[B], POs > signer, FOs touching, cover heart and then swing upon.
MOSES - M-LAW.
SIN - (2h)[X] touch their respective sides of the mouth, descend to neutral space and circle antisymmetrically parallel to the chest. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Sin.
OPPRESS - DH [B], PO down, FO away, pushs down on [S], PO > DS, FO away.
MESSIAH - M-KING.
OPPRESSION-OFF - Starts like PRESSURE, DH [B], PO down, FO away, push down slightly on [S], PO > DS, FO away, then the DH is brought upwards suddenly and the signer mouths "off".
KING-DAVID - D-KING.
BLOOM - (2h)[A] are held together but the hands are twisted like the beginning of CHANGE. Hands twist back while opening to (2h)[5:] with the hands still held together.
HOLY - H-CLEAN. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Holy - 1.
GLORY - (2h), POs><, FOs away from signer, DH which is on top wiggles fingers while ascending. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Glory.
HEAVEN - (2h)[B], POs down, FOs ><, hands are held high, circle around each other and then separate.
SHINE-DOWN - [O^] is held high PO > signer; hands open to [5^] while moving > signer.
JUSTICE - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs up, tap FT while moving in a horizontal circle.
SHINY - (2h)[open 8], POs down, FOs away, twist rapidly at wrists while rising. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Shine.
RULE - CONTROL.
ARCH - [C] or (2h)[C] indicates and arch.
MIGHTY - (2h)[S], POs > back of signer, FOs up, are held at NDS and fists descend, then repeat at DS.
COME-ON - (2h)[B^] move in circles pivoting at the wrists to beckon someone to do something.
#BACK-WITH-God - (2h)[B], POs ><, FOs up, are held with NDH close to the body and the DH high and close to where God is spatialized. The hands transition to a C and then a K while rushing towards each other and contacting.
GIFT-TO-us - (2h)[X], POs ><, FOs up, nod downwards at wrist > signer to show that something is given as a gift.
1. O wisdom, O Word of God and source of all life. Come, open our hearts, reveal the plan of love that guides our way to you.
2. O God of Moses, protector of your chosen ones. Come, stretch your hands, release the bonds of sin and set your people free.
3. O flower of Jesse's stem, ageless sign of God's holy care. Come, bloom in our midst, show forth the glory of our God's undying love.
4. O key of David, O royal guard before heaven's gate. Come open the way, unlock the door of death and lead your people home.
5. O radiant dawn, Sun of justice, splendor of eternal light, Come conquer the night, dispel the shades of death and bring new day to light.
6. O King of all nations, keystone of creation's mighty arch. Come make us anew. [other part: Rejoice, rejoice, Israel.] Restore us in your love and grant life without end. [other part: to you shall come Emanuel.