EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
1. TODAY EARTH LOUD. WHY? CHILDREN SING HOW LORD JESUS OUR KING BORN HERE SAVE US. WHO GIFT-TO-us US? HEAVENLY-FATHER.
Refrain: THEREFORE, FOR THAT REASON, #ALL-OF-US SING, GLORIA-IN-EXCELSIS-DEO.
2. HIS-lf LIFE HARD, MAKE OUR LIFE EASY. COME-TO EARTH SUFFER CRUCIFIED. BORN BETHLEHEM LOWLY HOUSE FOR ANIMAL, IMAGINE! Refrain
3. GOD HIS-rt BRIGHT STAR SHINE-ONTO-lf THREE WISE MEN FOLLOW STAR. ARRIVE, KNEEL, BOW-DOWN. PRAISE-lf WORSHIP-lf HIM-lf. Refrain
4. TODAY ANGEL SCADS-OF SING, MAKE HERE EARTH LOUD. PRAISE CHRIST, HIMSELF-lf HEAVEN ITS-rt KING. BORN HERE FOR-FOR? SAVE US. (<) PEACE, (>) L-O-V-E, HE-lf GIFT-TO-us US. Refrain
Notes: LOUD - Touch ear with index finger then (2h)[S], PO down, FO away, move antisymmetrically from side to side while mouthing "pow". For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - thunder.
GIFT-TO-us - (2h)[X], POs ><, FOs up, hands tip back towards signer to show that something is given as a gift.
HEAVENLY-FATHER - (2h)[A], FOs up, DH - held against forehead, NDH close to but lower, both hands open to (2h) while moving upwards. HEAVEN may be added to this. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Heavenly Father - 1.
THEREFORE - [bO] pokes a triangle of dots in the air like the mathematical symbol for "therefore".
#ALL-OF-US - [A], PO > NDS, FO up touches DS shoulder then [L^], PO > signer touches NDS shoulder.
GLORIA-IN-EXCELSIS-DEO - (2h)[O^], POs ><, FOs away, spiral upwards then hands descend and (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs up, move upwards arcing towards the signer. For an animated gif of the second half of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Exalted.
CRUCIFIED - Pinky side of [S] is "driven" into palm of [B], PO away, FO up, then vice versa. For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - crucify.
BETHLEHEM - "B" CITY.
LOWLY - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs up, move downwards arcing towards the signer. This is the opposite of the sign ADVANCED. For an animated gif of ADVANCED, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Exalted.
SHINE-ONTO-lf - [O^] is held high PO > signer; hands open to [5^] while moving > lf.
ANGEL - (2h)[B^] touch FTs to shoulders, then arms extended and bent move slightly as if flying gently.
SCADS-OF - (2h)[5:], POs down, FOs away, move forward to show many beings.
1. On this day earth shall ring
with the song children sing
to the Lord, Christ our King,
born on earth to save us;
him the Father gave us.
Refrain:Id-e-o-o-o, id-e-o-o-o, id-e-o, gloria in excelsis Deo!
2. His the doom, ours the mirth;
when he came down to earth,
Bethlehem saw his birth;
ox and ass beside him
from the cold would hide him.
3. God's bright star, o'er his head,
Wise Men three to him led;
kneel they low by his bed,
lay their gifts before him,
praise him and adore him.
4. On this day angels sing;
with their song earth shall ring,
praising Christ, heaven's King,
born on earth to save us;
peace and love he gave us.
To hear the music (without words), go to On this day Earth shall ring and click on "Listen to melody (MIDI)".