EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
1. YOUR PEACE, ME WANT MIND-ACQUIRE TEACH"each". FIND HATE, ME REPLACE YOUR LOVE. FIND PAIN, ME REPLACE YOUR PARDON. FIND DOUBT, ME REPLACE TRUE FAITH.
2. YOUR PEACE, ME WANT MIND-ACQUIRE, TEACH"each". FIND PERSON GIVE-UP, ME BRING HOPE. FIND PLACE DARK, ME BRING LIGHT. FIND LIFE SAD, ME BRING HAPPINESS.
3. YOU MASTER, HELP-me REALLY-WANT COMFORT PEOPLE, MYSELF PUT-ASIDE-lf. REALLY-WANT UNDERSTAND PEOPLE, MYSELF PUT-ASIDE-rt. REALLY-WANT LOVE PEOPLE WITH MY WHOLE HEART, MYSELF PUT-ASIDE-lf.
4. YOUR PEACE, ME WANT MIND-ACQUIRE TEACH"each". ME PARDON PEOPLE, MEAN YOU PARDON ME. ME GIFT-TO PEOPLE, MEAN ME BENEFIT WILL. MY SELF DIE, MEAN BORN AGAIN, LIVE FOREVER WILL.
Notes: Underlined prounouns (ME, YOU, HE) are honorific index (HON.-IX), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
MIND-ACQUIRE - Hands alt. sign LEARN, but instead of coming from palm of NDH, they move from above as if learning from God.
PARDON - EXCUSE, change dominance and sign EXCUSE with opposite hands.
DOUBT - (2h)[S], POs down, FOs away, alt. rise and fall.
REALLY-WANT - the sign WANT but shaken back and forth to show intensity.
COMFORT - Like the sign COMFORTABLE but signed slowly.
PUSH-ASIDE - (2h)[B], POs > DS, with DH higher, palms are pressed against imaginary wall that is pushed to one side, as indicated.
WHOLE - (2h)[B^], POs up, FOs ><, DH circles around NDH and lands on its palm. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Whole.
GIFT-TO - (2h)[X], POs ><, FOs up, nod downwards at wrist to show that something is given as a gift.
1. Make me a channel of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring your love. Where there is injury, your Pardon, Lord, and where there's doubt, true faith in you.
2. Make me a channel of your peace. Where ther's despair in life, let me bring hope. Where there is darkness, only light, and where there's sadness ever joy.
3. O Master, grant that I may never seek so much to be consoled as to console, to be understood as to understand, to be loved, as to love, with all my soul.
4. Make me a channel of your peace. It is in pardoning that we are pardoned. In giving of ourselves that we receive, and in dying that we're born to eternal life.
To hear the music (without words), go to MIDI music: P and click on "Prayer of St. Francis."