EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: ||: (look at heart) COME-ON, MY SOUL, PRAISE THE-rt LORD. :||
1. THE-rt LORD DESERVE OUR FAITH FOREVER. PEOPLE HUNGRY, HE-rt FEED. POOR, HE-rt GIFT JUSTICE. OPPRESSED, HE-rt LIBERATE.
2. BLIND, HE-rt CAUSE SIGHTED. BENT-OVER, HE-rt CAUSE POSTURE-STRAIGHT. HUSBAND OR PARENTS DIE, HE-rt COMFORT. HE-rt PROTECT STRANGER.
3. THE-rt LORD LOVE JUSTICE, BUT WICKED HE-rt BLOCK. YOUR"all" GOD RULE FOREVER, DURING EVERY GENERATION.
Notes: The signs between "||:" and ":||" are to be repeated.
COME-ON - (2h)[B^] move in circles pivoting at the wrists to beckon someone to do something.
THE - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
DESERVE - OWE.
FAITH - Like THINK TRUST but with elevated hands and eyes to show the trust is spiritual. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Faith.
GIFT - (2h)[X], POs ><, FOs up, nod downwards at wrist to show that something is given as a gift.
OPPRESSED - DH [B], PO down, FO > NDS, pushs down on [S], PO > DS, FO away, which is held against chest.
LIBERATE - Starts like PRESSURE, DH [B], PO down, FO away, push down slightly on [S], PO > DS, FO away, then the DH is brought upwards suddenly and the signer mouths "off".
CAUSE - (2h)[S] are held at the chest as if holding a rope and move forward while opening to (2h). For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - cause.
SIGHTED - (2h)[open 8], PO > signer, with hands held at eyes, twist hands so that PO points away, as if saying EYES-SENSITIVE.
BENT-OVER - [S], PO away, FO up, bends fist at wrist as if head is bowed and body slumps forward.
POSTURE-STRAIGHT - [S], PO away, FO up, is held upright and body has good posture.
COMFORT - Like COMFORTABLE but signed more slowly.
WICKED - (2h) are held at forehead level and move towards the forehead several times while wg but do not touch the forehead with an evil facial expression.
BLOCK - PREVENT.
Refrain: ||: Praise the Lord, O my soul! :||
1. The Lord keeps faith forever, giving food to the hungry, justice to the poor, freedom to captives.
2. The Lord opens blind eyes and straightens the bent, comforting widows and orphans, protecting the stranger.
3. The Lord loves the just but blocks the path of the wicked. Your God reigns forever, through all generations.