EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: ||: LORD, THESE-ctr PEOPLE REALLY-WANT SEE YOUR-rt FACE. :||
Alternate refrain: ||: LORD, LET THE-rt LORD ENTER. :|| THE-rt KING GLORY.
1. (2h)#ALL THINGS WORLD, GOD HIMSELF-rt MAKE. HERE EARTH AND (2h)#ALL LIVING THINGS, LORD HIS+-rt. (<) MOUNTAIN, SWEEP-TO (>) VALLEY. (<) OCEAN, SWEEP-TO (>) LAND THEREABOUTS. THE-rt LORD GOD MAKE EVERYTHING.
2. WHO WORTH CLIMB TEMPLE MOUNTAIN TO GOD HIS-rt HOLY PLACE? THOSE-rt DO EVIL, NOT-YET. THEIR-rt HEART PURE, THEIR EYES BLIND NOT.
3. GOD WILL SEND BLESSING TO HONOR THOSE-rt HAVE FAITH. LORD, THESE-ctr PEOPLE REALLY-WANT SEE FACE JACOB HIS-ctr GOD.
Notes: The signs between "||:" and ":||" are to be repeated.
THESE - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
REALLY-WANT - WANT but shaken back and forth to show intensity.
GLORY - (2h), POs><, FOs away from signer, DH which is on top wiggles fingers while ascending. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Glory.
(2h)#ALL - (2h)[A], POs ><, FOs up, are held at shoulder height and move away while opening to (2h)[L].
SWEEP-TO - This is used to mean "from (whatever is spatialized on the NDS) to (what is spatialized on the DS). The DH [B], PO > NDS, FO away, sweeps from NDS to DS.
TEMPLE - T-CHURCH.
HOLY - H-CLEAN. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Holy - 1.
EVIL - (2h), wg while moving repeatedly > forehead. For an animated gif of this sign, see Valley Bible Church - ASL dictionary: Satan.
NOT-YET - It may seem odd to sign what seems to say "they have not yet done evil" as if it were always a possibility in the future. Often when you ask a Deaf person if they were guilty of doing something bad, they will sign NOT-YET.
PURE - like NICE but the DH moves backwards slightly on the palm, pauses, then moves forward rapidly to show intensity.
BLESSING - (2h)[O^], POs ><, held at mouth. Hands are brought downwards while opening to (2h). For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Bless.
JACOB - Could be fingerspelled or signed as a [J] across the chin.
Refrain: ||: Lord, this is the people who long to see your face. :||
Alternate refrain: ||: Lord, let the Lord enter :|| : The King of glory.
1. All creation is the work of God. The earth and all creatures belong to the Lord. From mountains to valleys, from ocean to land, the Lord God made them all.
2. Who will climb the sacred moutain, the holy place of God? Those who have not done evil, whose hearts are pure, whose eyes are not blind.
3. God will send a blessing to honor his faithful ones. Lord, this is the people who seek the face of Jacob's God.
To hear a partial performance of this song, go to Lord, This Is the People / Let the Lord Enter | OCP.ORG. and click on the play button.