EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: PROTECT ME IDEA~LIKE FORTRESS, GOD. YOUR-rt WINGS HIDE ME; SUNSHINE STRONG, NOT HURT. MY HOPE DEPEND-ON-rt YOU-rt.
1. HAPPEN ENEMY SURROUND-me, PLEASE PLACE-ABOVE-them ME, TOUCH CAN'T. IF ME SUMMON YOU-rt, PLEASE ATTEND-TO-me.
2. IDEA~LIKE MOTHER BIRD TAKE-CARE-OF HER-lf CHILDREN. THEY-rt ASSEMBLE, MOTHER FOLD-WINGS-OVER. PLEASE PROTECT ME SAME-AS-rt.
3. KNOW-THAT ME WALK PLACE DARK, CROWDED, 1-CL'walk crooked path', YOU-rt IGNORE-me ME NEVER. SUPPORT++.
Notes: ME - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
IDEA~LIKE - a blending where IDEA has a [Y] instead of an [I] in anticipation of LIKE which is signed smoothly right afterwards.
FORTRESS - (2h)[S], POs down, FOs ><, strike the whole length of the forearms together like TABLE then DH is held under NDH and the arms strike again.
WINGS - (2h)[B] flutter like wings.
SURROUND-me - (2h), POs > signer, FOs up, start with hands touching and move symmetrically in a semi-circle to show that signer is surrounded.
PLACE-ABOVE-them - DH [S], PO > NDS, FO away, is held below downturned palm, and DH moves so that it is then above the NDH.
ATTEND-TO-me - PAY-ATTENTION-TO is directed towards signer.
ASSEMBLE - (2h)[S], FO > signer, move > signer while opening to (2h)[5wg].
FOLD-WINGS-UNDER - (2h)[B] are folded with FOs down rather than up as in REST.
KNOW-THAT - Starts like KNOW but twists and descends, looking almost like DON'T-KNOW except the hand twists down at the end.
CROWDED - (2h)[S] press wrists together and twist like CHANGE with hunched shoulders and "zz".
1-CL'walk crooked path' - , PO away, FO up, moves away from signer in a crooked path.
Refrain: Shelter me, O God; hide me in the shadow of your wings. You alone are my hope.
1. When my foes surround me, set me high above their reach. Hear me when I call your name.
2. As a mother gathers her young beneath her care, gather me into your arms.
3. Though I walk in darkness, through the needle's eye of death, you will never leave my side.
To hear the music (without words), go to Bob's MIDI Sequences and go to "Shelter Me, O God (B. Hurd)".