EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: GO-AHEAD CROSS-ON-FOREHEAD WITH ASHES, LIKE BLESS-WITH-CROSS. GIFT-TO-us US GRACE KNOW YOU-rt HAVE-MERCY-ON-us US, LORD. MAKE OUR SPIRIT NEW* AND MAKE OUR HEART heart-OPEN. HELP-us US REMEMBER YOU-rt LOVE US.
1. HELP-us US PRAY. WHY? WE REALLY-WANT CLOSER TO YOU-lf AND GOD HIS-rt FAMILY (2h)INDEX-congregation.
2. HELP-us US FAST. WHY? WE REALLY-WANT KNOW HOW HELP"all" GOD HIS-rt FAMILY (2h)INDEX-congregation.
3. HELP-us US LEARN SHARE OUR THINGS. alt.GIFT-TO"each" GOD HIS-rt FAMILY (2h)INDEX-congregation.
Notes: CROSS-ON-FOREHEAD - Thumb of [A dot] traces a cross on the forehead as if apploying ashes or anointing oil.
ASHES - FIRE DISSOLVE + (2h), POs down, FOs away, touch thumbs and then make a horizontal circle (each hand making half of the circle).
BLESS-WITH-CROSS - [B] traces a cross in the air, from top to bottom and then from left to right (irrespective of dominance).
GIFT-TO-us - (2h)[X], POs ><, FOs up, hands tip back towards signer to show that something is given as a gift.
GRACE - [O^] or [S], held high and PO > Heaven, supinates and opens to  while being brought towards head. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Grace.
YOU - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
HAVE-MERCY-ON-us - (2h)[open 8], POs > signer, hands move in vertical circles normal (perpendicular) to the chest. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Mercy - 2.
REALLY-WANT - WANT but shaken back and forth to show intensity.
(2h)INDEX-congregation - The idea here is that the assembled people are God's family.
FAST - Zip mouth closed with [F].
Refrain: Sign us with ashes, the sign of your cross.
Give us the grace to know your mercy, Lord.
Renew our spirits and open our hearts.
Help us remember the love you gave us.
1. Help us pray so we might be closer to you and to God's family.
2. Help us fast so we might know the want of those within God's family.
3. Help us give so we might share of what we have to serve God's family.