EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
1. SING ABOUT LORD HE alt.GIFT"each". HEAVENLY-FATHER ALL WISDOM HAVE. APPROACH HIM, BOW-DOWN HIS NAME. MERCY HE SHOW-TO-us US FINISH. HIS L-O-V-E HAVE NO LIMIT. HE WORTH FAITH UNTIL OUR LAST DAY.
Refrain: MEAN COME-ON (2h)#ALL NATION. SING ABOUT HE alt.GIFT"each". INVENT SONG (<) PRAISE, (>) THANK GOD. ANNOUNCE HIS GLORY LOUD, MUSIC PRAISE HIM SHOULD. (<) WORSHIP, (>) BOW-DOWN HIS NAME.
2. HIS ACTION MIGHTY. HONOR SURROUND HIM. JESUS RISE, CONQUER DEATH FINISH. HIS WORD PREACH"each", HIS BODY BREAK LIKE BREAD. NOW LIFE NEW HE OFFER (2h)#ALL. Refrain
3. HE OFFER COURAGE DURING DARK, COMFORT DURING SADNESS. SPIRIT FROM OUR GOD SUPREME. IF (2h)YOU TIRED, HE OFFER REST. HAPPEN SIN, HE OFFER PARDON. LIVING GOD, NAME SHINY. Refrain
4. GO-AHEAD SING, PRAISE HIM. GO-AHEAD PRAISE, PLAY-TRUMPET, GO-AHEAD PRAISE, (<) PLAY-LUTE, (>) PLAY-HARP. GO-AHEAD PRAISE CRASH-CYMBALS. GO-AHEAD PRAISE HOW? DANCE. PRAISE GOD UNTIL WORLD END. Refrain
Notes: alt.GIFT"each" - (2h)[X], POs ><, FOs up, hands alt. tip forward as if bestowing gifts.
HEAVENLY-FATHER - (2h)[A], FOs up, DH - held against forehead, NDH close to but lower, both hands open to (2h) while moving upwards. HEAVEN may be added to this. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Heavenly Father - 1.
ALL - (2h)[B^], POs up, FOs ><, DH circles around NDH and lands on its palm. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Whole.
APPROACH - (2h)[B], FOs up, DH PO away, ND is held in front of NDH and palm faces it, then both hands approach one another slightly.
BOW-DOWN - (2h)[B], POs away, FOs up, are held like the final position of GIVE-UP, then bend these arms twice while bowing at waist once.
MERCY SHOW-TO-us US - (2h)[open 8], POs AWAY, hands move in vertical circles normal (perpendicular) to the chest + SHOW moves > signer + US (I sign this the same as WE).
COME-ON - (2h)[B^] move in circles pivoting at the wrists to beckon someone to do something.
(2h)#ALL - (2h)[A], POs ><, FOs up, are held at shoulder height and move away while opening to (2h)[L].
LOUD - Touch ear with index finger then (2h)[S], PO down, FO away, move antisymmetrically from side to side while mouthing "pow". For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - thunder.
WORSHIP - NDH is clasped over DH [S] and hands circle perpendicular to the chest. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Worship.
ACTION - (2h)[5:], POs down, FOs away, circle in a plane parallel to the chest.
MIGHTY - (2h)[S], POs > back of signer, FOs up, are held at NDS and fists descend, then repeat at DS.
SURROUND - , PO down, FO away, circles above NDH , PO > DS, FO up.
SADNESS - SAD.
SUPREME - (2h)[A], FOs away, DH starts below NDH and arcs around it until it is on top.
PARDON - SIgn EXCUSE, switch dominance and sign EXCUSE again.
NAME~SHINY - starts like the sign NAME, the NDH - left in place while the DH touches it with the [open 8] (as in the sign FEEL), then moves upwards while twisting the wrist.
GO-AHEAD - (2h)[B^ dot], POs ><, FOs away, move forward in a jerk.
PLAY-TRUMPET - Hold an ancient valveless trumpet with (2h)[S] and blow through lips as if playing.
PLAY-LUTE - Strum a lute, a small guitar-like instrument with a rounded back.
1. Sing of the Lord's goodness, Father of all wisdom, come to him and bless his name. Mercy he has shown us, his love is forever, faithful to the end of days.
Refrain: Come, then, all nations, sing of your Lord's goodness, melodies of praise and thanks to God. Ring out the Lord's glory, praise him with your music, worship him and bless his name.
2. Power he has wielded, honor is his garment, risen from the snares of death. His word he has spoken, one bread he has broken, new life he now gives to all.
3. Courage in our darkness, comfort in our sorrow, Spirit of our God most high; solace for the weary, pardon for the sinner, splendor of the living God.
4. Praise him with your singing, praise him with the trumpet, praise God with the lute and harp; praise him with the cymbals, praise him with your dancing, praise God till the end of days.
To hear the music (without words), go to MIDI music: S and click on "Sing of the Lord's goodness."