EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: (<) SING TO MOUNTAIN. (>) SING TO SEA. YOUR"all" VOICE UP-UP-UP, YOUR HEART OFFER-UP. LORD MAKE (2h)1-THIS DAY. ALL EARTH CELEBRATE. (Repeat last sentence after final verse.)
1. ME THANK YOU, LORD. WHY? ME BEG, YOU ANSWER. MY SOUL SAFE, NOT DIE. (<) MY STRENGTH, (>) MY SONG, FROM YOU. Refrain
2. HOLY, HOLY'higher', HOLY'still higher' LORD. (lt;) HEAVEN, (>) EARTH, OVERFLOW YOUR GLORY. Refrain
3. LORD MAKE (2h)1-THIS DAY. GO-AHEAD HAPPY, CELEBRATE. GOD BEAT-lf DEATH, LIVE FOREVER CAN. SING ABOUT GOD HIS GLORY. Refrain
Notes: UP-UP-UP - (2h)[B], POs up, FOs away, hands bend upwards at wrists repeatedly while rising with each bend.
(2h)1-THIS - (2h)[1^], POs donw, FOs away, hands descend slightly twice.
HOLY, HOLY'higher', HOLY'still higher' - Repeat the sign 3 times, each time lifting the arms a little higher. For a QuickTime file of the base sign, see ASL Pro: Holy - 1.
OVERFLOW - , PO down, FO away, covers top of [S], PO > DS, FO away, and FT wiggle as the hand moves away, like a cup overflowing. For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - overflow.
GO-AHEAD - (2h)[B^ dot], POs ><, FOs away, move forward in a jerk.
GLORY - (2h), POs><, FOs away from signer, DH which is on top wiggles fingers while ascending. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Glory.
Refrain: Sing to the mountains, sing to the sea. Raise your voices, lift your hearts. This is the day the Lord has made. Let all the earth rejoice.
1. I will give thanks to you, my Lord. You have answered my plea. You have saved my soul from death. You are my strength and song.
2. Holy, holy, holy Lord. Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
3. This is the day that the Lord has made. let us be glad and rejoice. Death has last and all is life. Sing of the glory of God.
To hear the music (without words), go to Sing to the mountains.