EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: SPEAK, LORD, ME KISS-FIST TAKE-IN YOUR-lf VOICE. LOOK-DOWN, LORD, HERE ME.
1. MY HEART SILENT, LORD. MY SOUL AT-PEACE, WAIT"over time" TAKE-IN YOUR-lf VOICE. INFORM-me YOUR-lf WILL. ME WILLING SERVANT, NOW APPROACH YOU-lf. HELP ME TOUCHED WHILE MY FAITH HELP-me SILENT.
2. YOUR-lf WORD OFFER LIFE, LORD, EVERYDAY ME LIVE. IDEA~LIKE LIGHT-SHINE-DOWN SHOW-me RIGHT WAY. YOUR-lf LAW RIGHTEOUS, LORD. STRONG LIKE ROCK FOUNDATION. NIGHT AND STORM DESTROY YOUR-lf LAW, CAN'T.
3. YOUR-lf WORD IDEA-LIKE CANDLE BURN STRONG. ITSELF SHOW RIGHT WAY TRAVEL. ALLOW ME SEE CLEAR. DURING DARK, ME TEND LOST, BUT YOUR-lf WORD GIFT-TO ME LIGHT. CONVERSE-WITH ME, LIVE INSIDE-SELF ME, WORD THAT SAVE.
4. (role play from lf) ME CHRIST YOUR(plural) TEACHER. MY WORDS MIGHTY, HOLY, AND TRUE. COME-ON PAY-ATTENTION WHILE ME SPEAK WORDS FILLED-UP LIGHT. LEARN FROM ME ABOUT LIFE AND LOVE.
Notes: ME - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
KISS-FIST - Kiss the dorsal side (back) of hand to show you loves something other than a person.
TAKE-IN - (2h), POs ><, FOs away, thumbs point at eye level and move several times > signer while FT wg, not thumbs. The positioning of the hands show that it could be to take it in visually or aurally.
AT-PEACE - (2h)[V], POs away, FOs up, are held at shoulder level.
TOUCHED - Middle finger of [open 8] strikes heart.
FAITH - Like THINK TRUST but with elevated hands and eyes to show the trust is spiritual.
IDEA-LIKE - A blending where IDEA has a [Y] instead of an [I] in anticipation of LIKE which is signed smoothly right afterwards.
LIGHT-SHINE-DOWN - [O^] is held high PO > signer; hand opens to [5^] while moving > signer.
RIGHTEOUS - Elbow of DH [S] is placed firmly against the backhand of NDH [B], PO down.
FOUNDATION - NDH [S], PO > signer, FO > DS, is held out with arm parallel to the chest and DH [S], PO > signer, strikes hand from below and then strikes elbow from below.
GIFT-TO-me - (2h)[X], POs ><, FOs up, hands flip thumb sides > signer.
CONVERSE-WITH - (2h), POs ><, FOs up, move to and from from mouth.
INSIDE-SELF - The FT of [C] are held against the chest and stuff the FT of [O^] into the [C] twice.
MIGHTY - (2h)[S], POs > back of signer, FOs up, are held at NDS and fists descend, then repeat at DS.
HOLY - H-CLEAN. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Holy - 1.
COME-ON - (2h)[B^] move in circles pivoting at the wrists to beckon someone to do something.
FILLED-UP - [B], PO down, FO > NDS, is held close to body, starts rising from below waist and strikes chin in its rising.
Refrain: Speak, Lord, I love to listen to your voice. See, Lord, here I am.
1. My heart is silent, Lord. My soul is still, waiting upon your voice. Tell me your will. Empty, I place myself before your face. Touch me now in the silence of faith.
2. Your word is life, O Lord, through all my days, like a radiant light guiding my way. Your law stands firm, O Lord, strong as a rock. It endures through the night and the storm.
3. Your word is like a lamp burning so bright, showing the path ahead, giving me sight. In darkness I am lost: your word give light. Speak to me, live in me, saving Word.
4. I am the Teacher Christ, speaking to you. Here is my mighty word, holy and true. Come, listen when I speak words filled with light. Learn of me, of my live, of my love.