EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
1. PRAISE GOD WILLING LEAVE HIS-rt HEAVEN, COME-TO EARTH AND SAVE US. WELCOME US WITH WARM HUG, KNEEL-DOWN WASH-feet OUR FEET.
Refrain: STAND-UP, FRIENDS. YOUR HEAD head-HOLD-HIGH. FREEDOM, OUR SONG, ALLELUIA! FREEDOM, OUR SONG. ALLELUIA!
2. PRAISE OUR RABBI JESUS CHRIST. DO ALL GOD HIS-rt WILL. DIE, RISE, MAKE FAITH NEW. HE-lf CALL US HIS-lf FRIENDS. Refrain
3. PRAISE HIM-lf BREATHE-OUT L-O-V-E. WE FREE WAKE-UP FLY fly-AWAY. EVERY BURDEN HE-lf REMOVE. CAUSE OUR SPIRIT SING. Refrain
4. PRAISE UNTIL WE JOIN SING HAPPEN FAR-AWAY BEYOND WE CAN SEE. HE-lf VERY-FIRST, HE-lf LAST. HIS-lf LIGHT MAKE US BRAVE. Refrain
Notes: HEAVEN - (2h)[B], POs down, FOs ><, hands are held high, circle around each other and then separate.
KNEEL-DOWN - Sign begins like STAND and the DHFTs are bent into (2h)[V:]. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Genuflect.
WASH-feet - (2h)[A], POs down, FOs away, move in symmetric horizontal circles while looking at feet.
FRIENDS - Interlocked (2h)[X] move in a horizontal circle.
head-HOLD-HIGH - [S] swings back to show head been thrust erect.
ALLELUIA! - CLAP-HANDS~CELEBRATE + open hands into (2h) while lifting.
RABBI - (2h)[R], POs > signer, fingertips touch the top of the chest at each side and descend in small spirals. For an animated gif of this sign, see Valley Bible Church - ASL dictionary: Rabbi.
WILL - WANT but shaken back and forth to show intensity.
FAITH - Like THINK TRUST but with elevated hands and eyes to show the trust is spiritual.
HE - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
BREATHE-OUT - FTs of (2h)[O^] are to nostrils. Hands move away and open to (2h) as if breathing out.
FLY - Flap hands like wings.
fly-AWAY - (2h) cross fingers as in CONFLICT and move up and away while repeatedly curling fingers like flapping wings.
CAUSE - (2h)[S] are held at the chest as if holding a rope and move forward while opening to (2h). For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - cause.
BEYOND - (2h)[B^], touch FTs, then DH moves up in an arc towards the signer and away. For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - more than.
VERY-FIRST - , PO down, FO away, supinates like the sign FIRST, but strikes the thumb of NDH [A dot], PO > DS, FO away. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: First.
LIGHT - (2h)[O^], POs away, FOs up, open to (2h), while separating. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Light - 1.
1. Praise the God who changes places, leaves the lofty seat, welcomes us with warm embraces, stoops to wash our feet.
Refrain: Stand up friends! Hold your heads up high. Freedom is our song! Alleluia!
2. Priase the Rabbi, speaking, doing, all that God intends, dying, rising, faith renewing, calling us his friends.
3. Praise the Breath of Love, whose freedom spreads our waking wings, lifting every blight and burden till the Spirit sings:
4. Praise, until we join the singing far beyond our sight, with the Ending and Beginning daring in the light.