EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: (<) MAYBE MOUNTAIN CRASH, (>) MAYBE HILL FUTURE GONE, BUT LORD HIS L-O-V-E CONTINUE STAND-FIRM. IF (2h)YOU CALL-ON HIM, HE WILL PROTECT"over time" (2h)YOU. COME-ON"each" PRAISE GOD HIS GLORY.
1. THINK LORD WILLING GIVE-UP SUPPORT (2h)YOU? THINK LORD FORGET HIS L-O-V-E CAN? SOMETIMES MOTHER FORGET CHILD, BUT GOD NEGLECT (2h)YOU NEVER. Refrain
2. SUPPOSE (2h)YOU MANY-LOOK-AWAY NEGLECT HIM, HAPPEN? GOD REMIND'gentle' COME-TO-me. SUPPOSE (2h)YOU OFF-POINT-lf&rt DISCONNECT HIM, STILL HE ACCEPT (2h)YOU #BACK-TOGETHER. Refrain
3. HAPPEN EXHAUSTED, DEPEND HIM alt.GIFT-TO"each" STRENGTH. IDEA~LIKE RIDE EAGLE TRAVEL-UPWARDS. (2h)YOU WORK"over time", TIRED NEVER. WHY? GOD HIMSELF YOUR STRENGTH. Refrain
4. LONG-AGO FLOOD DESTROY WORLD HE CROSS-HEART HELP N-O-A-H PLUS HIS-lf CHILDREN FOREVER. GOD FORGET (2h)YOU NEVER. HE WILLING CROSS-HEART AGAIN FOR (2h)YOU. Refrain
Notes: CRASH - (2h)[5:] interlaced, POs ><, FTs move down while remaining interlaced so that the PO becomes down. For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - break-down.
STAND-FIRM - Elbow of DH [S] is placed firmly against the backhand of NDH [B], PO down.
(2h)YOU - Underlined prounouns (ME>, YOU>, HE) are honorific index (HON.-IX), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
CALL-ON - DH [B] taps NDH [B], PO down, FO > signer, then moves > signer while closing to an [A], PO away from signer, FO up, and moving up. For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - call.
NEGLECT - IGNORE.
MANY-LOOK-AWAY - (2h) point FT towards Heaven then move them away as if many eyes were looking away from God.
REMIND'gentle' COME-TO-me - draw shoulders and had together and make a slight movement of REMIND, that is, tap the air with [B^], PO away, FO up, then (2h)[B], POs up, FOs away, move towards signer and fingers fold several times as if beckoning someone to you.
OFF-POINT-lf&rt - DH [S], PO > NDS, flicks finger off to the left and then to the right.
#BACK-TOGETHER - (2h)[B], POs ><, FOs up, are held at respective sides. The hands transition to a C and then a K while rushing towards each other and contacting.
IDEA~LIKE - a blending where IDEA has a [Y] instead of an [I] in anticipation of LIKE which - signed smoothly right afterwards.
TRAVEL-UPWARDS - [V:], PO down, FO away, hands moves in an upward wavy motion.
CROSS-HEART - NDH [B] is raised and DH crosses heart with [open 8].
Refrain: Though the mountains may fall and the hills turn to dust, yet the love of the Lord will stand as a shelter for all who will call on his name. Sing the praise and glory of God.
1. Could the Lord ever leave you? Could the Lord forget His love? Though a mother forsake her child, He will not abandon you.
2. Should you turn and forsake Him, He will gently call your name, Should you wander away from Him, He will always take you back.
3. Go to Him when you're weary. He will give you eagle's wings. You will run, never tire, for your God will be your strength.
4. As He swore to your fathers, when the floods destroyed the land, He will never forsake you. He will swear to you again.
To hear the music (without words), go to MIDI music: T and click on "Though the mountains may fall."