EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
1. (role play God) ME FEED (2h)YOU IDEA~LIKE SHEPHERD. ME CAREFUL GATHER-SHEEP (2h)YOU. ME LEAD (2h)YOU AND HUG (2h)YOU CLOSE-TO MY HEART. (end role play)
Refrain : WE WILL RUN, BUT EXHAUSTED NOT. WHY? OUR GOD GIFT-TO-us US STRENGTH. WE WILL FLY IDEA~LIKE EAGLE. WE RISE WILL.
2. (role play God) ME STRONG, HELP PEOPLE EXHAUSTED. PEOPLE WEAK, ME GIFT-TO-lf THEM-lf LIFE NEW. MAYBE YOUNG PEOPLE BECOME TIRED, BUT ME BECOME THEIR-rt HOPE. (end role play) Refrain
3. (role play God) COME-ON LOOK-UP-TO-me. SEE ME MYSELF MAKE STAR SCADS-OF. ME LEAD (2h)YOU, PLUS ME KNOW (2h)YOU. ME CALL (2h)YOU, USE YOUR NAME. (end role play) Refrain
4. (role play God) DON'T SCARED. ME GO-TOGETHER (2h)YOU. MYSELF YOUR GOD. ME GIFT-TO"each" STRENGTH. ME HELP "each". ME RAISE-UP (2h)YOU WITH MY HANDS. (end role play) Refrain
Notes: (role play God) - God is speaking in the verses so you need to look like you are looking down on the people of earth as you sign.
IDEA~LIKE - a blending where IDEA has a [Y] instead of an [I] in anticipation of LIKE which - signed smoothly right afterwards.
GATHER-SHEEP - (2h)[B^], POs > signer, FOs away, hands motion the sheep towards the signer.
CLOSE-TO-HEART - (2h)[B] overlap and are brought to the heart.
EXHAUSTED - TIRED + [V], PO up, FO > NDS, is drawn with effort across the palm of [B], PO up, FO away.
GIFT-TO - (2h)[X], POs ><, FOs up, nod downwards at wrist to show that something is given as a gift.
FLY - (2h)[B] cross hands at wrists and flap like wings while ascending diagonally.
COME-ON - (2h)[B^] move in circles pivoting at the wrists to beckon someone to do something.
LOOK-UP-TO-me - (2h)[V], FO look at signers chest and tilt up until they are looking at the top of the signer's head.
SCADS-OF - (2h)[5:], POs down, FOs away, move forward to show many beings.
CALL - DH [B] taps NDH [B], PO down, FO away from signer, then moves > signer while closing to an [A], PO away from signer, FO up, and moving up. For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - call.
RAISE-UP - (2h)[B], POs down, FOs away, lower slightly, supinate, and rise up.
1. Like a shepherd I will feed you; I will gather you with care. I will lead you and hold you close to my heart.
Refrain : We will run and not grow weary, for our God will be our strength, and we will fly like the eagle, we will rise again.
2. I am strength to the weary; to the weak I am new life. Though the young may grow weary, I will be their hope.
3. Lift up your eyes, and see who made the stars. I lead you, and I know you, I call you each by name.
4. Fear not, I am with you; I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; uphold you with my hand.
To hear a partial performance of this, go to http://jukebox.ocp.org/preview/11137_1_7.mp3