EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
1. EVERY PLACE (2h)YOU FIND (<) KINDNESS, (>) L-O-V-E, MEAN GOD THERE-ctr. EACH PERSON ASSEMBLE HERE LOVE CHRIST, MEAN WE COOPERATE L-O-V-E.
2. WE HAPPY THANK+-rt. WE BOW-DOWN-TO HIM-rt HOLY. HE-rt TEACH-us KIND. WE LOVE GOD THROUGH HEART, MIND, SOUL.
3. NOW WE FORGIVE EACH-OTHER WHILE WE CONFESS OUR alt.DO-WRONG. WE SHOULD LOVE EACH-OTHER GOOD LIKE HOLY CHRISTIAN PEOPLE.
4. NO MORE SHOULD WE DISAGREE EACH-OTHER. ARGUE+ STOP. ONLY GOD HIS GLORY WE STRIVE-FOR-GOAL. WE REALLY-WANT GOD HIS HOLY PEACE.
5. REMEMBER GOD HIS-rt DIRECT SON LIVE WITH #ALL-OF-US. WE MEMBER OF HIS BODY UNITED, MEAN CHRIST FINISH MAKE US ONE*.
6. L-O-V-E WANT INCLUDE (2h)#ALL NATION. IF THEY-lf HONOR GOD. OUR FAMILY MEMBER EACH THEM-lf PRAISE OUR HEAVENLY-FATHER HON.-INDEX-rt.
Notes: (2h)YOU - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
KIND/NESS - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs away, NDH is held close to heart and DH circles around it.
ASSEMBLE - (2h)[S], POs down, FOs ><, move > each other while opening to (2h)[5wg].
HOLY - H-CLEAN. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Holy - 1.
CONFESS - (2h)[B], POs > chest, FOs down, touch torso, run FTs up it, then turn FTs away. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Admit.
DO-WRONG - MAKE-MISTAKE.
GLORY - (2h), POs ><, FOs away from signer, DH which is on top wiggles fingers while ascending. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Glory.
STRIVE-FOR-GOAL - Hands are oriented like the sign GOAL but the DH moves in a vertical circle as if trying to get to the goal, but not yet successful.
REALLY-WANT - WANT but shaken back and forth to show intensity.
DIRECT - STRIGHT.
#ALL-OF-US - [A], PO > NDS, FO up touches DS shoulder then [L^], PO > signer touches NDS shoulder.
UNITED - COOPERATE.
(2h)#ALL - (2h)[A], POs ><, FOs up, are held at shoulder height and move away while opening to (2h)[L].
HEAVENLY-FATHER - (2h)[A], FOs up, DH - held against forehead, NDH close to but lower, both hands open to (2h) while moving upwards. HEAVEN may be added to this. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Heavenly Father - 1.
1. Where charity and love prevail, there God is ever found; Brought here together by Christ's love, by love are we thus bound.
2. With grateful joy and holy fear God's charity we learn; Let us with heart and mind and soul now love God in return.
3. Forgive we now each other's faults as we our faults confess; And let us love each other well in Christian holiness.
4. Let strife among us be unknown, let all contention cease; Be God's the glory that we seek, be ours God's holy peace.
5. Let us recall that in our midst dwells God's begotten Son; As members of his body joined, we are in Christ made one.
6. No race or creed can love exclude, if honored be God's name; Our family embraces all whose Father is the same.