EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: GOD, ME alt.SEARCH YOUctr. MY SOUL THRISTY FOR YOU-ctr. WHY? YOUR-ctr L-O-V-E BEAT LIFE ITSELF.
1. IDEA~LIKE EXHAUSTED IN DESERT, MY SOUL THRISTY FOR MY GOD, AND MY FLESH READY FAINT WHILE ME alt.SEARCH GOD. WHY? YOUR-ctr L-O-V-E BEAT LIFE ITSELF.
2. EVERY-NIGHT REST, ME THINK-ABOUT YOU. YOUR-ctr L-O-V-E ME MULL-OVER. ME STAY CLOSE-TO YOU-ctr, LORD MY GOD. BLACK SHAPE YOUR WINGS PROTECT ME WHILE ME SING.
3. EVERYDAY MY LIFE ME BOW-DOWN-TO YOU-ctr. MY HANDS RAISE-UP SUMMON YOU-ctr. MY MOUTH HAPPY SING PRAISE YOU-ctr. ONLY YOU-ctr SATISFY MY HUNGRY SOUL.
Notes: ME - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
SOUL - NDH [C] or [S] is held close to body and [F] which inserts FT into NDH then slowly draws it upwards with a wavy path. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Spirit.
BEAT - (2h)[S], DPO > NDS, NDPO down, FOs away, are held with DH on top of NDH and DH strikes NDH at wrist while index and middle fingers shoot out suddenly.
IDEA~LIKE - A blending where IDEA has a [Y] instead of an [I] in anticipation of LIKE which is signed smoothly right afterwards.
EXHAUSTED - TIRED + [V], PO up, FO > NDS, is drawn with effort across the palm of [B], PO up, FO away.
DESERT - DRY THEREABOUTS. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Desert.
FLESH - Pinch cheek and pull it slightly side to side.
FAINT - Touch temple and (2h) start from their respective sides and slide their palms against each other as they pass to the opposite side.
THINK-ABOUT - , PO > signer, circles temple.
MULL-OVER - (2h)[O] is held at forehead and fingers pill-roll, that is thumb is rubbed against all the FT and back and hands alt. circle at forehead.
WINGS - Second half of ANGEL: arms extended and bent move slightly as if flying gently.
BOW-DOWN-TO - (2h)[B], POs away, FOs up, are held like the final position of GIVE-UP, then bend these arms twice while bowing at waist once. Note: This may seem a strange translation of "bless", but theologically I don't see how we can bless God. The Hebrew this concept comes from is "baruch" and is related to "birkayim (knees)", in other words "bend the knee [to God]".
RAISE-UP - (2h), POs up, FOs away, are raised up so that FO is up.
SUMMON - DH [B] taps NDH [B], PO down, FO > signer, then moves > signer while closing to an [A], PO away from signer, FO up, and moving up.
Refrain: Oh God, I seek You. My soul thirsts for You. Your love is finer than life.
1. As a dry and weary desert land, so my soul is thirsting for my God, and my flesh is faint for the God I seek, for Your love is more than life.
2. I think of You when at night I rest. I reflect upon Your steadfast love. I will cling to You, Oh Lord my God. In the shadow of Your wings I sing.
3. I will bless Your name all the days I live. I raise my hands and call on You. My joyful lips shall sing your praise. You alone have filled my hungry soul.
To hear the music (without words), go to St. John Vianney sound clips. and click on "Ps 63 3 Your Love is Finer Than Life Haugen."